Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    CrackBerry User

I can't believe we don't have a crackberry app not just something going to forums but something that updates with new articles.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  

Quote Originally Posted by awaisb2000 View Post
    I can't believe we don't have a crackberry app not just something going to forums but something that updates with new articles.
    I would make one, I am just waiting for a reply for if they have an api for the site
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,529 Global Posts

Mint.com app

I know you won't be able to develop this, but my goodness it would be so useful.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

LIke to see a good credit card swipe device, where I can accept CC over my BB.
    Harold C.
    St. Peters, Mo 63376
    CrackBerry Master

I've got a great idea but I'm not telling

Plus, not sure there is a public API for getting the information from the particular corporation.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C39500 Have a Z10 and Lovin' It

Default Bluetooth

Would like to see the device or an app to monitor and report/display the battery life of the Bluetooth that is currently connected to the BB10/Playbook.
    There is no "Crtl+Z" in life.
    Z10 Rocks! BlackBerry 10 for the person on the move.
    Z10 Version 10.2.1.2947 Playbook Version 2.1.0.1917

Twitter BBM Channel C0002C37C
    #IChooseBlackberry10
    CrackBerry User

How about no apps or bloatware preloaded with the OS?
    Thanked by 2:
    calicocat2010 (12-16-2012),  kdna (08-22-2012) 
    meganVee likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #33  

Quote Originally Posted by timmy t View Post

Plus, not sure there is a public API for getting the information from the particular corporation.

no one would steal your idea because most developers have a few of their own, i personally am working on 4 apps, and also working on another at work for bb10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #34  

Quote Originally Posted by PowderJockey View Post
    Would like to see the device or an app to monitor and report/display the battery life of the Bluetooth that is currently connected to the BB10/Playbook.

that might be possible if the manufacturers of the bluetooth device have the functionality in the device to be able to retrieve that information.

We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #35  

Quote Originally Posted by engert View Post
    How about no apps or bloatware preloaded with the OS?

i totally agree i hate all the carrier apps/shortcuts they put one the devices

We're takin' it Back!

Global Posts
    10,390 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Default Re: BB10 app ideas

Quote Originally Posted by timmy t View Post

Well I hope you're working on it then
    CrackBerry Abuser

I would love a real nice Ebook Reading App

1.) Should Support All Ebook, and Comic Book Formats ... Its no fun having a great app and not being able to use it because it lacks compatibility for the files you own

2.) Fast ( its no fun waiting for the next page to load ... Maybe somehow try and Pre Cache the next 10 Pages for instantaneous loading )

3.) Fluid ( smooth page flipping animations as seen in many magazine apps )

4.) Swipey (make it in cascades for a great bb10 feel with swipes and gestures and all )

5.) Functional ( comprehensive context menus using invocation framework for searching info on words, character names, definitions )

6.) Intelligent ( read file names or book titles and download appropriate information including Year, Genre, for sorting and covers, concept art, author biographies, book reviews, similar book suggestions etc. )

7.) BookMarks ( multiple bookmarks support, and Auto Save BookMark when app is swiped into an active frame )

8.) User Control ( ability to select one or more folders in the file system to scan for new books when app starts )

9.) Notes ( ability to save notes and then search for them from inside the app )

10.) Search ( ability to search for words, or phrases within the entire book library or individual books )

11.) Sorting (ability to sort books by Genre , Author Name, Alphabetical etc. )

12.) Visually Appealing ( Book Shelf View, Cover Flow type View, Grid, List .... XBMC style Fanart)

13.) Active Frames Should Show the Cover of the Book.

Sometimes i wish i knew how to write code .....
    Last edited by Qaxl; 10-29-2012 at 06:56 AM.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #38  

Quote Originally Posted by Qaxl View Post
    I would love a real nice Ebook Reading App

1.) Should Support All Ebook, and Comic Book Formats ... Its no fun having a great app and not being able to use it because it lacks compatibility for the files you own

2.) Fast ( its no fun waiting for the next page to load ... Maybe somehow try and Pre Cache the next 10 Pages for instantaneous loading )

3.) Fluid ( smooth page flipping animations as seen in many magazine apps )

4.) Swipey (make it in cascades for a great bb10 feel with swipes and gestures and all )

5.) Functional ( comprehensive context menus using invocation framework for searching info on words, character names, definitions )

6.) Intelligent ( read file names or book titles and download appropriate information including Year, Genre, for sorting and covers, concept art, author biographies, book reviews, similar book suggestions etc. )

7.) BookMarks ( multiple bookmarks support, and Auto Save BookMark when app is swiped into an active frame )

8.) User Control ( ability to select one or more folders in the file system to scan for new books when app starts )

9.) Notes ( ability to save notes and then search for them from inside the app )

10.) Search ( ability to search for words, or phrases within the entire book library or individual books )

11.) Sorting (ability to sort books by Genre , Author Name, Alphabetical etc. )

12.) Visually Appealing ( Book Shelf View, Cover Flow type View, Grid, List .... XBMC style Fanart)

13.) Active Frames Should Show the Cover of the Book.

Sometimes i wish i knew how to write code .....
    That is a lot of good ideas for an eBook app, you obviously have thought a lot about what you would like.
    We're takin' it Back!
    EsJayDee likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Its already in the making at RIM, its coming built into BB10. This is confirmed and not a rumour, I heard the new voice application personal assistant.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Big BB View Post
    That is a lot of good ideas for an eBook app, you obviously have thought a lot about what you would like.
    I'm glad you liked the ideas, and i wish someone (you) would make such an app because there just aren't any good apps around in this category. I used to be able read on my Curve 8900 using Mobipocket Reader, but they don't offer the app anymore, and for the Playbook EBook Reading apps, Native or Sideloaded are too buggy and not worth a second look.

I just thought of another feature
    Kindle Uses Cloud Syncing to sync your last read page between devices, i am assuming you need Huge servers and millions of dollars to offer that kind of service so we could replicate that for free using NFC technology. Just tap your devices and your bookmarks including current page travel to the other device and open the app to the current page on the new device (ofcourse you need the same book available on both devices)
    If somehow BlackBerry Bridge could be used we could read on the Playbook a book stored on the Phone.
    or the most pedestrian way would be to just use bluetooth to upload and download a very small settings file which saves bookmarks including current page.
    Last edited by Qaxl; 10-29-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Typo

Global Posts
    5,286 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by dibbis View Post
    I would like to have the official IMDb app. It's still missing

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using CrackBerry Forums App
    Interesting to note that at the various gatherings that RIM puts on (the Jams for devs, and the consumer panel previews), they show a graphic of all the big names who have committed to BB10. Amazon is on that list. Seeing that Amazon owns IMDB, and that the current IMDB app works fantastically well when sideloaded, it's pretty easy to imagine that could have an IMDB app for BB10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #42  

Quote Originally Posted by Qaxl View Post
    I'm glad you liked the ideas, and i wish someone (you) would make such an app because there just aren't any good apps around in this category. I used to be able read on my Curve 8900 using Mobipocket Reader, but they don't offer the app anymore, and for the Playbook EBook Reading apps, Native or Sideloaded are too buggy and not worth a second look.

I just thought of another feature
    Kindle Uses Cloud Syncing to sync your last read page between devices, i am assuming you need Huge servers and millions of dollars to offer that kind of service so we could replicate that for free using NFC technology. Just tap your devices and your bookmarks including current page travel to the other device and open the app to the current page on the new device (ofcourse you need the same book available on both devices)
    If somehow BlackBerry Bridge could be used we could read on the Playbook a book stored on the Phone.
    or the most pedestrian way would be to just use bluetooth to upload and download a very small settings file which saves bookmarks including current page.
    I would love you make that app, Its just a little big for a single independent developer.

They are probably a few way around the syncing beside using a server, like you said NFC, Bluetooth, Wifi, could probably use BBM also.
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

I would like a decent and easy lyrics searcher with save feature.
    CrackBerry Addict

Payments via BBM. Secure, Anonymous, Instant. Please RIM. There's such a huge opportunity here. Enable people to conduct commerce on mobile!
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball
    FREE BlackBoard Lite (Free!) Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10
    Smartie020 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I would like to see a car2go app!
    Everything needed: https://www.car2go.com/en/hamburg/car2go-apps/

Would be awesome
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #46  

Quote Originally Posted by kdna View Post
    Payments via BBM. Secure, Anonymous, Instant. Please RIM. There's such a huge opportunity here. Enable people to conduct commerce on mobile!
    RIM is already working on this

Rogers and CIBC bring first mobile credit card payments to Canada using BlackBerry smartphones | CrackBerry.com
    Research In Motion Limited : RIMís Secure Element Manager Solution to Power NFC Mobile Payments in Canada | 4-Traders
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #47  

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie020 View Post
    I would like to see a car2go app!
    Everything needed: https://www.car2go.com/en/hamburg/car2go-apps/

Would be awesome
    If I were you I would email them to see if they have plans to make a BlackBerry 10 app
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Addict

I remember posting a suggestion to @BlackBerry @BlackBerryDev on Twitter about payments via BBM a few months back. Good to know they see an upside to this.
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball
    FREE BlackBoard Lite (Free!) Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10
    CrackBerry Abuser

How hard is it to make a music player app ?
    Tell me if its considerable, and il give u the full details of my idea, its basically VERY similar to Winamp for Desktop
    Last edited by Qaxl; 11-12-2012 at 06:36 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #50  

I just took a quick look at RIM's documentation, it doesn't look to hard to make a media player. Why would you want a media playing think I the one built into BB10 will be really good.
    We're takin' it Back!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast