Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mister-E
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB 10 Developers Advice

I am new to developing and I still have not decided to develop my app in HTML5 or C++. Originally I was going to the HTML5 route, but after seeing the cascades demos, and since my app is quite simple, I am considering C++. I will likely go the HTML5 route as it would be easiest, however I do have a couple questions that may change my mind.

Is in app purchasing possible if an app is developed in HTML?

If the first several versions of the app are developed in HTML, can I later switch to C?

Thanks!
    KermEd likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Just PM

Quote Originally Posted by Mister-E View Post
    I am new to developing and I still have not decided to develop my app in HTML5 or C++. Originally I was going to the HTML5 route, but after seeing the cascades demos, and since my app is quite simple, I am considering C++. I will likely go the HTML5 route as it would be easiest, however I do have a couple questions that may change my mind.

If the first several versions of the app are developed in HTML, can I later switch to C?

Thanks!
    I'm a HTML5 developer, the language is very easy to learn, you can test apps directly in your (web)browser, and with 'Ripple-Emulator it will simulate your device, along with all the gestures and GPS settings.

You also can later on switch to C++, while still using HTML5 in your app.

I thought that In-app purchases are supported (google for Blackberry Playbook Webworks Kitchensink for some demo's)

For a native-looking app you could use BBUI.js (javascript-library made by RIM)

PM me for more info/help

Jeroen
    ❤ button

✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
    ☢ bbUI.js ☢ expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! ☣ Blackberry Playbook 64GB ☣
    Thanked by:
    Mister-E (12-10-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mister-E View Post

Thanks!
    If your go with Cascades you can use javascript in QML which can cut down on the amount of C++ you have to write
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!