View Poll Results: Would you like a WiFi Search, with Built-in Speed Test, and Management App ?
- 3. You may not vote on this poll
[ App Request ] - WiFi Search, with Built-in Speed Test, and Management
Here is another one in the series of App Requests.
1.) GPS Phone Locator for Lost or Stolen Phones
2.) A Multiformat EBook Reader and/or Comic Book Reader
3.) WiFi Search, with Built-in Speed Test, and Management
These are apps that I would want to have in my next BB10 phone. I would try and lay out the kind of functionality that I would like to see in the requested app, feel free to join in and suggest improvements etc.
- I would like if the developers would join in on the discussion and share ideas on what would be the best way to build such an app.
- Should you decide to take up development of the said app, I would encourage you to share your progress in this thread and get feedback from the community.
- I would also like to encourage multiple developers to take on the project since there are so many ways the same thing can be approached, and the more apps the merrier
- I will also put up Polls with each App Request, so the developers can gauge the interest that people show for the said App.
WiFi Search, with Built-in Speed Test, and Management
There will obviously be a native settings thing for WiFi, and probably multiple third party applications, but the premise of this app will be to provide the user with more useful information at a glance, and greater control over the wireless connectivity of the device.
- The user should be able to "FIX" a wireless network, so that if the device moves out of range of the specified network, it should not try and connect to any other Saved/Open networks. Instead it should wait to go back into range, and only connect to that particular network.
- The user should be able to set a connection as a "Metered Connection", and set a limit on the total amount data transfer per month. This would also issue Notifications if the said connections reach 50%, 75%, 95% and 100% of the fixed limit.
- The user should be able to set priority for connection to wireless networks, based on Signal Strength, Internet Speed, Time of Day etc.
- Show all available WiFi Networks with common details such as Name, Signal Strength, Open/Password Protected, Saved/New etc.
- This app should have a Built-in Speed Test, and while at the screen where it lists all the available wireless networks, the user should be able to press a button and query all or a subset of all available wireless networks whether or not they have internet access, and at what speeds.
- It should also show the total amount of data used on any network, and reset manually or automatically at the start of each month, while archiving the last 6 months to enable the user to view history for any connection.
- If a WiFi connection is not initiated through this app, will it still be able to monitor data usage ?
- Will the Active Frame for such an app have to remain open for it to apply settings like "FIX" and for monitoring data usage ?
Please participate actively in the Polls so the Developers can gauge demand.
- 01-23-2013, 06:56 AM #2
- 01-23-2013, 06:57 AM #3
BlackBerry Protect will allow for the location of stolen/lost BlackBerry devices on BlackBerry 10.
- 01-24-2013, 05:52 PM #5
Poll results aren't very encouraging lol - one person voted, and said they'd only want it if it was free.
01-24-2013, 05:57 PM #6Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!
- 4,747 Posts
Leave It On - Take control of your backlight, keep the blacklight on for any app you want like Google Maps & BBM, light up with new msgs and pop-up now!
SixTools - The essential app for OS6 & OS7 users
BB10, BBOS &PLAYBOOK games apps, and more!
- By ldrki in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 02-22-2012, 09:54 PM
- By ldrki in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 02-22-2012, 09:54 PM
- By irondad in forum News & RumorsReplies: 25Last Post: 03-05-2010, 09:12 AM
- By irondad in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-12-2010, 11:39 AM
- By bb_user1 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 12Last Post: 07-09-2008, 05:33 PM