I've been using my Z30 for almost two years now with a 64 GB media card for no problems until today. For whatever reason, the Z30 has decided that it doesn't want to write to the card anymore, but read only. I can see everything that is stored on it through File Manager, but when I try to save to it, such as when taking a picture I get "The picture couldn't be saved" error message. Saving new podcasts, documents, anything at all to the media card just doesn't work. Nothing has changed since when it worked Sunday, to today.

Any and all help is much appreciated! I'm debating getting a Classic or a Q10 to replace the Z30 but would really like to get this Z30 working again properly!

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    07-27-15 10:44 PM
    I've tried the hard reboot by pressing the volume up and down keys at least a dozen times, as evidenced by all the screen shots saved to the device memory, but to no avail.

07-27-15 10:47 PM
    Try to write a file to bit using a computer to see if works, from your explanation looks like is writing protected.

Brand and size of card could also be helpful to know.
    07-27-15 10:52 PM
    It is a SanDisk Ultra 64GB micro SD XC. I'll try writing to it on my laptop and see what happens.

07-27-15 11:00 PM
    I would back up what you got on there and get a new one

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-27-15 11:04 PM
    The SD works fine when I insert it into my laptop's card reader. I can view all the files on it.

07-27-15 11:06 PM
    Don't seem to be able to save to the SD card on the laptop...

07-27-15 11:10 PM
    I might have this issue:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/SanDi...-cards_id40986

07-28-15 12:39 AM
    Then do a warranty claim with SanDisk they will replace it
    07-28-15 07:17 PM
    Then do a warranty claim with SanDisk they will replace it
    Done! Surprised that these things have a lifetime warranty. I just mailed it to them today, and sounds like they'll give me a brand new replacement card

07-28-15 07:39 PM
    Done! Surprised that these things have a lifetime warranty. I just mailed it to them today, and sounds like they'll give me a brand new replacement card

Did you manage to format your card?

Been getting issues with the same card you have. Good thing I can transfer all my data to my computer however I can't format the card. Tried everything to format by using mac, Pc and laptop also softwares. No luck.

Also what's the procedure in returning your card and getting a replacement.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 04:33 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me but it occurred right after or during the phone update. Coincidence? I think not. Anyway I went through all the steps to fix, to no avail so contacted SanDisk and they will be sending me a new card.

Not sure if the card had a problem in the first place but I store all my podcasts on it to save space and when I start a podcast it hesitates only initially and then plays. I thought it was the android software or the phone which may be also in the way it communicates with the card but we will see when I get the new one in. The Podcast app would also pause intermittently whenever Google Maps decided to pop up on the background so I'm thinking now perhaps it has more to do with the podcasts being stored on the card and the data flow is not as fluid as on the internal memory. Now that I had to store the podcasts on the phone it's smooth as butter. Can't wait to get another card in. It was a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB class 10. Thought that would be trouble free.

Posted via CB10

Update!! Podcasts are being stored on the phones internal memory now and the Podcast still paused so I guess it's just BlackBerry BB10.
    POOPOO!!!!
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 09-09-15 at 03:49 PM.
    09-09-15 07:38 AM
    I have had a few sandisk cards flake out on me as well. I guess I should do the lifetime replacement warranty. Problem is this keeps happening anyone else know of a better card to use?
    09-09-15 08:12 AM
    Just emailed Sandisk and they will send me out another card which is good!

Take advantage of it

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 05:02 PM
    I did the Sandisk customer support and they replace the card no problem. I couldn't see the numbers on the back though so I took a picture with light not flash and zoomed in on the picture afterwards. Worked great!

Unfortunately their customer support were playing games with me and kept confirming an incorrect return address. I finally said I an not sending you my card until you give me a proper and correct return address. I thought this was important so that I would get the new card. They sent an email with no confirmation simply stating they have updated their records with my correct address as of last email. Well I didn't know if they meant their last or mine and I didn't care I wanted to see it.
    FINALLY I said, " That's fine. I will make some phone calls and forward these emails since you are not going to correct the return address and refuse to confirm my last sent and correct address. * The emails you have sent me all have an incorrect return address. I keep correcting you and you keep sending me incorrect information". Immediately after that they sent a confirmation address that was correct with an apology. I swear they were playing games with me.

Anyway I bought one on Amazon, advertised on the Crackberry site. 64 GB for $19. Think I paid $27 after shipping for everything to a U.S. PO box.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 07:17 AM