Hello all.

New to Blackberry here (1 month on a Z30 / OS 10.2) so please be patient. I have searched the forums & strangely, have not found anything that relates to my question.

Recently, using the native BB OS10 browser, I went to a webpage I frequent often, that has embedded audio files (mostly interviews between journalists & experts on various subjects). When I tried to play it, I got a message basically saying that my handset could not play the file. Just to be sure it was in fact a functioning file, I went to a different device (iPhone) & it immediately opened Quicktime & began to stream the file.

I know it may sound trivial, but I do a lot of this type of browsing. Is there a solution? Do I need to download a separate program or codec to open such files? Wait for OS 10.3? Any suggestions / solutions appreciated.

Pax vobiscum
    07-27-14 10:47 AM
    Please provide a link and I'll try it on my device.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-27-14 10:54 AM
    Please provide a link and I'll try it on my device.
    Thanks so much. I'm on my laptop right now but here's the link

Making Sense of a Messy World | The Sunday Edition with Michael Enright | CBC Radio
    07-27-14 11:11 AM
    It's not the Z30 but the provider of the audio that's blocking it. If you change the settings in your web browser as follows, it will work:

Settings
    Display and Actions
    Adobe Flash: ON

Settings
    Developer Tools
    Desktop Mode: ON

Reload the page. It will now work; I just tried it.

Change the settings back when you're done so that other websites don't deliver desktop mode whenever you surf the web.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-27-14 11:21 AM
    WOW... I knew someone here would have the answer~! Thank you so much. Have a good day & a great week

Cheers
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    07-27-14 11:25 AM
    Hi again.
    Actually, I did not get a chance to try what you recommended until now. Sorry to report that although I did what you suggested in terms of the settings, it still will not work. I even tried restarting my Z30, & still no joy. I get the same response. Here's a screenshot. Sorry about this. Hoping you can help again
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140727_202246.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	287342

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 07:28 PM
    Update --
    I tried a few more times, as I realised the browser was not in fact loading the desktop version. Took a half dozen attempts. But...
    It is working now.
    Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 08:00 PM
    To load desktop mode, you can try a new tab or restart the browser if that doesn't work. There is seldom any need to reboot BB10.

It's disappointing and ironic that some sites are Apple-specific. It's not enough to encourage writing uni - platform apps, they have to limit the Web too... sigh.
    Last edited by m3mb3rsh1p; 07-28-14 at 09:39 AM.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-27-14 08:47 PM