Hello Everyone,

I am currently no longer under contract with Rogers and I am interested in upgrading from my 9810 to the Z30. Rogers attempted to pull a fast one on me (no longer on contract but have to deal with an early upgrade fee...) which took me the better part of 45 minutes of argueing to get a partial resolution. Basically I am willing to take my 10+ years of loyalty elsewhere in hopes of getting the phone I want.

Any suggestions? What about availability? Most places I have gone to say they don't have any Z30 in stock and its on backorder. Anywhere ideas on where to get the Z30 for a reasonable price? I'd obviously prefer free (don't care if I have to be on contract) as I don't have a lot of money to throw into a new phone.

Thanks!
    06-19-14 09:15 AM
    Get the phone as it is amazing but I can't help you find it sadly.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    06-19-14 09:27 AM
    Hello Everyone,

I am currently no longer under contract with Rogers and I am interested in upgrading from my 9810 to the Z30. Rogers attempted to pull a fast one on me (no longer on contract but have to deal with an early upgrade fee...) which took me the better part of 45 minutes of argueing to get a partial resolution. Basically I am willing to take my 10+ years of loyalty elsewhere in hopes of getting the phone I want.

Any suggestions? What about availability? Most places I have gone to say they don't have any Z30 in stock and its on backorder. Anywhere ideas on where to get the Z30 for a reasonable price? I'd obviously prefer free (don't care if I have to be on contract) as I don't have a lot of money to throw into a new phone.

Thanks!
    I'm hearing the same from all of my sources -- backordered until mid July. It's very frustrating. I'd suggest trying to go to multicarriers like Wireless Wave, TBooth, Wireless Etc, or Best Buy Mobile, to see if they have them or can get them in. I doubt they're free though...

I have a Z30 and it's just fantastic. I'd suggest it to anyone.
    06-19-14 09:32 AM
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks!
    I am SO glad you asked these questions!

I was with Virgin mobile for a few years, which was a great low-cost solution for me at the time. I originally went with top-up cards with Virgin and had an Audiovox flip phone.

Later I signed a three year contract with Virgin and got the BlackBerry Torch 2 (9810) which was a great device! I was happy with the 9810 and Virgin, and had hoped to stay with Virgin to upgrade to the Z30.

Virgin had been bought by Bell Canada, however, and only the parent company was carrying the Z30 in late 2013. I thought about going with Telus to get the Z30, but opted to transfer to Bell because in December 2013, Bell matched the Telus price and Telus plan, threw in one month free, and offered free HD TV for 10 hours per month.

In December 2013, I switched to Bell and got the Z30, and I never looked back. Bell lowered the cost to the Telus price of $49. In the past, I have had problems with both Bell and Rogers, but thus far I have to say that getting the Z30 for almost nothing on a two year plan has been great. I get 4 GB data per month, unlimited LD and local calls, unlimited text, and 10 hrs free TV per month, all for a reasonable monthly plan rate. Mind you, I got lucky and was able to take advantage of "holiday pricing" in December.

The Z30 is fantastic; great BlackBerry HUB, big bright low-drain AMOLED screen, long lasting battery, Paratek antenna, four speakers, HDMI and USB ports, Solid build, and compatible with iTunes, Word, Excel, Adobe, Android games, etc. It even has FM radio.

I'm sure you can get a reasonable contract with a low initial price from either Telus or Bell in Canada. Holidays are the best time to look.

So far I am very happy with the Z30 and with Bell.

NB: do not buy a phone from an auction site; it may be stolen and the IMEI cancelled. Always buy from a dealer or carrier.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    06-19-14 09:32 AM
    Right now, the Best Buy Canada website says the Z30 is available at multiple locations throughout both the Toronto and Montreal areas for $49.99 on a two year plan with Telus.

06-19-14 09:40 AM
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm basically waiting for the right deal to come along right now. Rogers refuses to admit their error and placed a bandaid on the issue with a credit (but apparently have no Z30 in stock anywhere), Bell won't budge on their price of $129.95 for the phone, Telus will be getting back to me today and no other carriers have the Z30. I've tried Wireless Wave without luck as well. And I am not going to drive the 1+ hours to Ottawa for Future Shop or Best Buy. I'm heading to Toronto in a couple of weeks so maybe I'll get lucky then (unless CrackBerry has a spare Z30 collecting dust that they would love to rid themselves of ).
    06-20-14 09:04 AM
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm basically waiting for the right deal to come along right now. Rogers refuses to admit their error and placed a bandaid on the issue with a credit (but apparently have no Z30 in stock anywhere), Bell won't budge on their price of $129.95 for the phone, Telus will be getting back to me today and no other carriers have the Z30. I've tried Wireless Wave without luck as well. And I am not going to drive the 1+ hours to Ottawa for Future Shop or Best Buy. I'm heading to Toronto in a couple of weeks so maybe I'll get lucky then (unless CrackBerry has a spare Z30 collecting dust that they would love to rid themselves of ).
    This is bizarre because as I indicated in my previous post, BestBuy seems to have the Z30 in stock at a variety of locations in both the Montreal and Toronto areas, including surrounding suburbs as of 21/06/2014. BestBuy offers the Z30 with Telus at only $49.99 on a two year plan with Telus.

06-22-14 09:26 AM
    Note further :

1). Best buy has an excellent reserve system. You can reserve an item on line, and they will confirm by email or phone or email and hold the item for 24 hours;

2). I got my Z30 with Bell. When I negotiated, they actually agreed to lower the up front price of the Z30 from $129.99 to meet Telus' price of $49.99;

3). Try a retail outlet outside a big city. If you are in Eastern Ontario, try a retailer in western Quebec like BestBuy, FutureShop, The Source or a Bell or Telus store. Call first to make sure they can initiate a phone number in a different province;

4). Try Telus or Bell on line;

5). The law (in Canada) allows customers to switch carriers and to keep their phone number;

6). Don't buy a device at an auction site or "private sale"; it may be stolen and the IMEI number will have been cancelled and flagged by the original carrier.

06-22-14 09:38 AM
    This is bizarre because as I indicated in my previous post, BestBuy seems to have the Z30 in stock at a variety of locations in both the Montreal and Toronto areas, including surrounding suburbs as of 21/06/2014. BestBuy offers the Z30 with Telus at only $49.99 on a two year plan with Telus.

Agreed. But where I live there is no BestBuy, FutureShop or any other big box chain. We've got a Rogers, Bell, Telus, Fido, Virgin, Koodo, etc. The closest to me is an hour or more drive away, which I refuse to do just for a phone. I could call around and have them ship it to me, sure. I'd rather wait until either Rogers, Bell or Telus actually want to play ball and order one. One of my pet peeves is advertizing that you have a phone available for customers only to find out that there are none in stock. Put a flippin sign next to the device indicating out of stock I also refuse to pay a lot of money for a plan, which with Bell and Telus is looking to be at least $80.00 a month. I realise that there are people who feel this would be a great "deal" or not very much spend, but I just don't do enough with my phone to justify $80.00 a month. I currently pay $67 a month and feel that it is too much as I don't do anything other than the occasional call, texting and email.
    06-23-14 01:28 PM
    Agreed. But where I live there is no BestBuy, FutureShop or any other big box chain. We've got a Rogers, Bell, Telus, Fido, Virgin, Koodo, etc. The closest to me is an hour or more drive away, which I refuse to do just for a phone. I could call around and have them ship it to me, sure. I'd rather wait until either Rogers, Bell or Telus actually want to play ball and order one. One of my pet peeves is advertizing that you have a phone available for customers only to find out that there are none in stock. Put a flippin sign next to the device indicating out of stock I also refuse to pay a lot of money for a plan, which with Bell and Telus is looking to be at least $80.00 a month. I realise that there are people who feel this would be a great "deal" or not very much spend, but I just don't do enough with my phone to justify $80.00 a month. I currently pay $67 a month and feel that it is too much as I don't do anything other than the occasional call, texting and email.
    OK, I understand. Yes, Canadian cell and data rates are generally too high. However, I am happy with my 80$/mo plan with Bell because 1) The phone (Z30) was almost free; 2) I get 4 GB data per month; 3) Unlimited local and long distance calling in Canada; 4) unlimited texts in Canada; 5) 10 hours free HD TV per month; 6) I have no land line and no other phone costs; 7) I have no other TV or cable fees. Since my cell phone is my only phone, it's a good deal for me.

06-24-14 03:26 PM
    Re z30 being 'sold out', i was speaking with the Rogers Rep at the hospital I am affiliated with, and he said they are 'retooling' and their stock is getting depleted, but they will restock. Does anyone know anything about any 'retooling'??

Z10 10.2.1.2941
    06-28-14 03:14 AM
    Re z30 being 'sold out', i was speaking with the Rogers Rep at the hospital I am affiliated with, and he said they are 'retooling' and their stock is getting depleted, but they will restock. Does anyone know anything about any 'retooling'??

Z10 10.2.1.2941
    Sounds like the "shaft" is being retooled so you don't feel it when they give it to you!

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.2039
    06-28-14 01:27 PM