Hi everyone.
    I was having a very odd situation with my z30 and it ended up not working for 24 hours. When it came back to life (somehow) I wanted to transfer all my pictures from the device to the memory card I had out in. So it started to transfer them and then it "could not comolete move" and stopped. It got about half of my pictures out of the photos app and into the new folder I created on the memory card. But the other half just mysteriously are missing. They are not in the photos or in the subfolder off the memory card. Does anyone know what I can do to look for them? Did they end up in some sort of pocket limbo in my phone?
    Any help is appreciated.
    09-02-14 04:38 PM
    Hook up your Z30 by USB to a PC. Give it a few minutes to launch drivers and read it. Use your PC's File Explorer to look in your Z30's device memory and SD card. The PC usually labels them as Y Drive & Z Drive.

How long ago did this happen? Have you closed the Pictures app or File Manager, whichever you were using? Just wondering if some time has passed with app closed if you went back to check if they were there now.
    Otherwise next troubleshooting is a device reset by holding down top key, ignoring onscreen countdown or restart options, and not releasing top button until red LED flashes on then off.

Also, if you've been connected to your PC at all, BB Link may have backed up most of your photos onto your PC too.

Post back if any of that helped please!

PS Please update your profile too! It says you use a Pre.
    Hook up your Z30 by USB to a PC. Give it a few minutes to launch drivers and read it. Use your PC's File Explorer to look in your Z30's device memory and SD card. The PC usually labels them as Y Drive & Z Drive.

How long ago did this happen? Have you closed the Pictures app or File Manager, whichever you were using? Just wondering if some time has passed with app closed if you went back to check if they were there now.
    Otherwise next troubleshooting is a device reset by holding down top key, ignoring onscreen countdown or restart options, and not releasing top button until red LED flashes on then off.

Also, if you've been connected to your PC at all, BB Link may have backed up most of your photos onto your PC too.

09-02-14 05:45 PM
    Hi there,

Thanks for the information. I gave the File explorer a try and it just shows the same thing that the SD card shows. I created a new folder to put these in, which i can see on the SD card on the phone but not in the file explorer. I've tried to search for them but dont see them. I've stupidly didnt back anything up on BB link.... :/ I have not tried the power on/off.....thats my next step.
    This happened on Monday 9/1.

PS i Did update my profile actually right before i read your reply. Odd timing, but thanks nonetheless!!
    09-03-14 12:52 AM

I got them Back!!!!!!!! The device reset worked!!!!!!!!!! Many thanks for all your help!!! They were very important pictures and I'm now going to back them up in several different places. Thanks again!!!
    This is just more proof that the CB Community is the best community when it comes to helping each other. Thanks much I owe you one....somehow. Many many thanks! (for like the 5th time)
    09-03-14 01:16 AM
    Hi Dan,

Glad to see you've recovered the pix. If you use OneDrive, Dropbox or Box, the "Connect to" apps for those services are available in BB World. Each allows for auto uploading of your photos from your device to the account. Note that if you use the mobile data option, you could end up using a good chunk of your data. By not selecting that option, it will happen on WiFi only.
    09-03-14 06:48 AM