Question for anyone that owns a z30, why or what is causing my phone to run at such high memory usage I mean when u add up all the numbers in the memory usage section of the battery monitor it's doesn't add up to what on the pie chart. Currently I'm running an average of 1.4-1.6 GB. I mean this is nuts right and everything is closed I mean BBM and this app are the only two open, and yes I've done a hard restart to clear cookies. It works for a day or two and then right back up there. I'm very confused on what's going on here. The phone runs a bit sluggish right now, and the underlying cause is the fact the memory usage is dam high. Anyone got any help for us, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 08:30 AM
    You do realize that there are about 50-60 processes running on your phone at any one time....NOT including the apps that are opened, right? Do you have android apps? they run constantly. in the background. Oh i know you say you have shut them down but you can't. they run constantly. And there are other processes as well.

Maybe a reload of the OS and just put back NECESSARY apps would be a place to start...........
    11-17-15 09:41 AM
    I have the exact same problem. Do a hard reset works well for a couple of days but then it starts lagging again. And the memory usage among apps (like system, hub, BBM etc) does not add up actually to the memory device monitor shows as using (1.4-1.5 GB) have already security wiped my phone once as well. My Q5 gave performed better considering it only had a 1.2Ghz processor against the 1.7 on the Z30. Security wiping the device and setting everything up isn't the most convenient thing to do all the time.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-17-15 09:48 AM
    No it sure isn't, no something I want to do every month, so would removing the android apps help this out, and why in the first place is it happening in the first place?? I love this phone but come on... I thought it was my wifi but then remembered I had this problem b for and then found it was running quite high.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 04:10 PM
    I have the same problem and had to remove/delete some paid app but with upgrades often, I no longer able to upgrade as I do not want to remove more paid app. It's a shame Z30 got only 16 gb instead of at least 32 gb. I am getting Lumia950 this Friday. The Priv doesn't cut it for me and we may not see another all touch at BlackBerry again in the near future

Posted via CB30
    11-18-15 03:37 AM
    I'm getting the same problem. However, my active frames keep automatically. I could be typing a document then it closes making me loose everything.

Sometimes I can minimise an app. For example, let's say I was using the browser app to make purchases online. If I minimise the app the frame is active., then all of a sudden the frame is transparent and I end up loosing all information.

Really need help as to why this is happening.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 03:56 AM
    This is frustrating to say the least, the phone is very solid phone, someone must have an answer for this, hard to believe everyone is experiencing this same problem?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 07:04 PM
    Android apps often don't actually close when you stop them and sometimes they even launch themselves and run in the background so I can suggest to use the less Android apps you need and that should help a lot...

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 01:51 AM