Hey Community
    I'm pretty much a BlackBerry Newbie and I really do enjoy my Z30.
    But now I have a couple of questions concerning my Phone and the new OS.
    I'm currently thinking about trying to load a leaked OS 10.3 mostly because I want that Blend badly (but also because I'm curious ^^).

Now first: Does somebody know if the leaked OS is already good enough to be used for a main device in every day use?

Second and this might sound like I'm really stupid ( or that is how I feel?) : Since I'm relatively new to BlackBerry I don't get at all how I'm supposed to do the installation of the leaked OS. I read stuff like non destructive and debrick and so on and really don't get it. Sorry for my inexperience :S
    So is there someone who could explain the process to me?

And third: Does anyone know when the new OS is supposed to officially arrive for the Z30? Since that will decide if I wait or try to install the leaked OS.

Last: What consequences can installing the leaked OS have?

Hope it's okay to ask such "dumb" questions and thanks a lot for any help!!
    Greetings B11zzard

Awesome = Z30
    09-27-14 05:16 PM
    The leaked os is very good and not many bugs on my Q5 and Blend doesnt not work only on passports so far
    Non destructive upgrades the OS without removing settings and apps and Debrick removes apps and settings I think
    B11zzard likes this.
    09-27-14 05:25 PM
    Okay. I'll try to answer your questions. Firstly, the latest leak for the Z30 is actually a complete build without watermarks. That means that the phone is running a software version that is actually quite official. This means all the features are present and are not going to change in later builds. I'm running 10.3.0.11xx on my Z10 and it has been great so far!
    Secondly, there are indeed different ways to install a leak. But if you consider yourself a newbie, I would seriously recommend that you install the leak through an autoloader. Just download the correct version for your device, make a back up in BlackBerry Link and run the autoloader. It will perform a clean install, after which you can restore the back up.
    So the latest leak is very good, daily driver material. No drawbacks, all the new features of 10.3 are in there. Be sure to give it a go, you won't regret it.
    On a last note though, BlackBerry Blend is not working yet for devices released prior to the Porsche design one that came out earlier this month. You'll have to wait for the official update 10.3.1 for BlackBerry blend to work.
    But you can already check out the new features in 10.3, so you've got that going for you, which is nice.

Cheers!

Typed on my BlackBerry Z10, running 10.3

Posted via CB10
    B11zzard likes this.
    09-27-14 05:32 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry my friend!! Glad to see you're trying out BB10!

Don't ever feel like you have to hold back on asking questions. Just do a quick search here in the forums about your inquiry, and if nothing found, then go ahead and ask away!

As for the installation of the leaked OS, there are a few ways to do it. I haven't installed one in a while but there are great instructions on how to do so without messing up your phone. Its a really simple process, you just have to read the instructions and it takes just a few steps.

As I mentioned, I haven't installed anything in a while as I am just now returning to blackberry from an iPhone 5. I just bought a Z30 and I'm going to play around with it tomorrow Since I haven't been in the forums lately, I'll go ahead and let the experts tell you which is the newest and most stable OS for you to install, as well as for the best guide to installing the OS. I had a bookmark to a page with the instructions but I don't seem to find it.

again, welcome to crackberry and have fun with your new Z30!
    B11zzard likes this.
    09-27-14 05:36 PM
    Hey thanks for the answer
    So I just have to find an 10.3 outoloader for the Z30? Do you by chance know where I can find one? And is something like that country I live in of importance?

Awesome = Z30
    09-27-14 05:50 PM
    *answers and also it seems like this is a great, friendly and active community I love that!!

Awesome = Z30
    09-27-14 05:52 PM
    One last question for now:
    Is there a way to go back to my current OS version if I happen to have issues with 10.3?
    Just to be safe

Awesome = Z30
    09-27-14 05:55 PM
    One last question for now:
    Is there a way to go back to my current OS version if I happen to have issues with 10.3?
    Just to be safe

Awesome = Z30
    KB34045-How to clean reload the BlackBerry 10 OS or BlackBerry PlayBook OS using BlackBerry Link
    B11zzard likes this.
    09-27-14 06:21 PM
    Okay thanks a lot everyone I think I'll try to install the leaked OS tomorrow and we'll see if I'll have to ask questions again then :3
    Anyways how is it going to work with new updates? For example, if I have 10.3 loaded and 10.3.1.xx is officially released for the Z30 will I have to do this complex loading process (autoloader) again or can I simply upgrade by using the inbuilt updating function inside of the OS?
    Greetings

Awesome = Z30
    09-27-14 06:27 PM
    Okay thanks a lot everyone I think I'll try to install the leaked OS tomorrow and we'll see if I'll have to ask questions again then :3
    Anyways how is it going to work with new updates? For example, if I have 10.3 loaded and 10.3.1.xx is officially released for the Z30 will I have to do this complex loading process (autoloader) again or can I simply upgrade by using the inbuilt updating function inside of the OS?
    Greetings

Awesome = Z30
    If the update that your carrier sends out is newer than what you have, then you'll get the notification.
    09-27-14 06:28 PM
    Ok thanks a lot! I really appreciate your help

Awesome = Z30
    09-27-14 06:36 PM
    Doesn't it need to be the correct autoloader for your device eg. mine is an STA100-5
    09-27-14 06:57 PM
    Doesn't it need to be the correct autoloader for your device eg. mine is an STA100-5
    All Z30s have the same software, so a Z30 autoloader works for STA100-[1 through 6]. But it must be a Z30 autoloader, and not, say, a Passport, Z10 or Q10/Q5 autoloader.
    B11zzard likes this.
    09-27-14 06:59 PM
    Thanks to you I did it

Awesome = Z30
    09-28-14 08:25 AM
    Thanks to you I did it

Awesome = Z30

awesome! how do you like it? Im picking up my z30 in a few hours! i already downloaded the autoloader.
    09-28-14 10:50 AM
    It's great! I love it. Definitely not going back to the old Version Hope you have fun with your Z30 it's a great device

Awesome = Z30
    09-28-14 11:01 AM
    Z30 users pls help
    I have Q10 and its screen brightness is too high even I set it minimum it sucks to my eyes in night
    Compared to Z10, screen brightness is very low and good in minimum and Z10 screen brightness can be set very low minimum light

But I know Z30 screen is super amolded like Q10 and size is 5 inch so
    if the screen brightness is same as Q10 in minimum brightness then I will not buy
    Z30
    Pls help me so that I can buy z30

posted via Q10

posted via Q10
    09-28-14 12:24 PM
    Sorry I don't actually get it but overall I would say that the screen brightness on the Z30 is quite low compared to other devices (because it's Amoled you can still read it quite well in sunlight) . So I don't think you should have any issues. go ahead and buy the Z30 it's a great device

Awesome = Z30
    09-29-14 04:18 PM
    Sorry I don't actually get it but overall I would say that the screen brightness on the Z30 is quite low compared to other devices (because it's Amoled you can still read it quite well in sunlight) . So I don't think you should have any issues. go ahead and buy the Z30 it's a great device

Awesome = Z30
    Just got my z30 yesterday! Loaded 10.3 too and it's awesome. Screen isn't the brightest but heck this phone is still beast!

Posted via CB10
    B11zzard likes this.
    09-30-14 12:12 AM
    Just got my z30 yesterday! Loaded 10.3 too and it's awesome. Screen isn't the brightest but heck this phone is still beast!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I feel the same Congratulations for your new device

Awesome = Z30
    09-30-14 08:00 AM