Hello,

Last night I can't open the settings in my Z10. Whenever I pressed it, the whole icons just slides to the right a bit, then returns to its previous place. This had happened a couple of times before, usually it is resolved by resetting the phone. However, I have reset it a couple of times but I still can't open the setting. So I went to sleep and hope the problem will be resolved the next morning.

And as I open my phone this morning, I still can't open the settings. But not only the setting, I also can't open any apps and any of the messages in the hub. None. From notifications, bbm, text messages, whatsapp, yahoo e-mails, can't open any of it. I did receive a couple of whatsapp messages and e-mail (which I can't open), but several people also mentioned that they sent me a message via whatsapp and I haven't receive it. I have also tried to send a message via whatsapp from my other phone to my Z10, nothing came up. But the symbol on whatsapp showed that the message has been sent.

However, I still can do the following:
    - Open the phone app and make phone calls, receive phone calls, access the contacts (but I can't open the "View contact details"), dial from the dial pad
    - Perform search function on the phone, and on hub
    - From pull down control panel: Control brightness, turn the mobile network and airplane mode, bedside mode, notification on and off. I can also turn on the hotspot, but checking from another device, can't find any SSID that was usually broadcasted by the Z10

I managed however to open the linkedin and docs to go app for a couple of second, and then it closes by itself.

I have done the following a couple of times, but nothing seemed to fix the issue:
    - Pressing the button on the top of the phone until the led indicator turns red
    - Pressing volume up and down at the same time for about 20 seconds
    - Removing the battery
    - Try to connect it with blackberry link (on mac) but the laptop won't detect the phone. I am using mountain lion 10.8.4, and have update the blackberry link to the version 1.2.1.18

At my last attempt to remove the battery, I left it out for about 10 minutes, when I put the battery back and turn the phone on, all the whatsapp messages has gone.

Thank you for reading my message up to this point, considering its' length.

As this is my work phone, there are lots of important business information such as contacts and conversations that are important to maintain my client base.

My question is, is there anyway for me to use the phone again, or perhaps just to recover the contact, text messages, and whatsapp messages?

For the contact, I am currently manually copying the names and phone number to excel file. (and by manually I meant open the phone, see it with my eye, then type it to an excel file). For the other two, I have no idea...

Would greatly appreciate any of your help.

Thanks,
    Ara
    08-25-15 07:31 AM
    If you have a back up on link for your phone, try reloading the software through link.
    08-25-15 11:18 AM
    How much device memory do you have remaining?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    08-25-15 12:30 PM