I have a Z10 with one of the newer 10.3.1.x leaks.

I have some videos on my Z10

I have a PS4.

Is there any way to get my videos onto my TV? Preferably through open technologies. I'd love to jsut share my Z10s screen but I don't know if that is possible. I think the hardware can't do it if I wanted to. Any way to have my PS4 read the media on my phone?
    04-24-15 08:09 PM
    Nope. PS4 killed pretty much everything great about the PS3 and video/file sharing. There is no DLNA or anything on the PS4. Sony literally managed to make the PS4 worse than the PS3 in that respect.
    Just Me likes this.
    04-24-15 11:58 PM
    What's your tv?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 12:16 AM
    Just get a micro HDMI cable and connect your Z10 and TV with it. It's the easiest way without worrying about wireless methods that some manufacturers cripple on their sets, or just rename to something else.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 07:34 AM
    What's your tv?

Posted via CB10
    Sony something 850. 60"

I think it supports miracast which means that my wife's z30 could do it wirelessly. Might just buy a cable though.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 10:07 AM
    Nope. PS4 killed pretty much everything great about the PS3 and video/file sharing. There is no DLNA or anything on the PS4. Sony literally managed to make the PS4 worse than the PS3 in that respect.
    I'm fed up with every company trying to charge us to do everything.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 10:08 AM
    I'm fed up with every company trying to charge us to do everything.

Posted via CB10
    It's going to be the new normal so get used to it.

That's how companies will adapt down the road...no major technological changes...they'll do small ones and charge a one time fee or small subscription price.

TV will be moving that way soon. Sports the same way...one day we'll be able to pick our favourite hockey team and "buy" all the games that will be broadcasted.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    04-25-15 10:55 AM
    It's going to be the new normal so get used to it.

That's how companies will adapt down the road...no major technological changes...they'll do small ones and charge a one time fee or small subscription price.

TV will be moving that way soon. Sports the same way...one day we'll be able to pick our favourite hockey team and "buy" all the games that will be broadcasted.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    I agree. It's already happening, just look at ISPs and their stupid fast lanes, EA delivering crippled games at launch, people actually paying to beta test games under the name "Early Access".

I'm gonna miss paying for a product and getting everything at once.
    04-25-15 11:01 AM
    Sony something 850. 60"

I think it supports miracast which means that my wife's z30 could do it wirelessly. Might just buy a cable though.

Posted via CB10
    I take it it's a smart tv? My Lg can detect my Z10. Never had a Sony tv before so idk.

Question about hdmi, can you control your phone (navigate files) using the tv remote? It's better to have the phone stationary and just play the files using the tv's remote.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 06:20 PM