Hello I'm new here and have a question .
    I was thinking of trying something other than android or apple had both and now on s4 .
    I would like to switch and give blackberry a try now I see that one can run 3 rd party apps also can I sink my Google account be able to change stuff like icons ,keyboard etc
    Did think of z30 but honestly don't see the justification on paying double the money for low res screen and slightly faster processor and battery size...z10 can be purchased for 199$ new of contract unlocked.
    Thanks u for ur input
    11-22-14 10:43 PM
    in short no you cant change icons or keyboards
    11-22-14 10:47 PM
    The battery itself justifies the price tag. You're gonna be a little bit disappointed with your stock one.

You're also gonna be disappointed on the themes and keyboard thing.
    11-22-14 10:48 PM
    So basically z10 is kind of like an apple platform a closed ecosystem .
    I may and think will pick up a used one and give it a try mainly cos I like its size and are very curious about it's multy tasking .
    11-22-14 11:00 PM
    So basically z10 is kind of like an apple platform a closed ecosystem .
    I may and think will pick up a used one and give it a try mainly cos I like its size and are very curious about it's multy tasking .
    It is closed in a sense that you can't root it or theme it, but you are free to to filesharing, installing third party apps, using different services, etc (instead of being forced to whatever solution apple wants you to use).
    11-22-14 11:07 PM
    It is closed in a sense that you can't root it or theme it, but you are free to to filesharing, installing third party apps, using different services, etc (instead of being forced to whatever solution apple wants you to use).
    OK that's good to know , I don't like apple cos of its restrictions its why I'm on android but honestly don't use half the stuff on it and just looking at trying a new platform and like the 3rd party apps ...OK cool gone hunt for one at a good price .
    Thank you for ur input
    11-22-14 11:12 PM
    Hi...my name is Zwan..
    Would like to ask from my friends in this forum to assist me how to install clash of clans in my Z10?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 01:06 AM
    Use Snap. You have to side-load it, but you will be able to download any Android app.
    Or maybe you could download "Apptoide" and get it from there.

Posted via my superb Z10
    11-23-14 03:32 AM
    Original poster. Good for you for trying other platforms and not sticking your head in the sand.

I feel most at home in a BlackBerry but I have owned android and iPhone devices as well.

Stop back here if you have more questions.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 07:53 AM
    its closed as far as modding goes but better than ios
    11-23-14 09:45 AM
    Hello I'm new here and have a question .
    I was thinking of trying something other than android or apple had both and now on s4 .
    I would like to switch and give blackberry a try now I see that one can run 3 rd party apps also can I sink my Google account be able to change stuff like icons ,keyboard etc
    Did think of z30 but honestly don't see the justification on paying double the money for low res screen and slightly faster processor and battery size...z10 can be purchased for 199$ new of contract unlocked.
    Thanks u for ur input
    Im sure you will like the BlackBerry OS for
    1.multi tasking
    2.supersmooth fuctionality
    3.0 Lags/FC's
    4.security
    If u use a phone for communication purpose you will love it
    Unlike android which can be rooted and modded to suit our preference the BlackBerry os is closed platform and its android OS is somewhat also secured to avoid root access
    Apps---
    The android apps run good but only general apps and apps that do not require Gplay services work while others don't
    The apps/games with out gplay services
    Such as asphalt 8(nokia X apk),NFS MW work on BlackBerry OS too
    However they need optimization
    Coz NFS MW is kinda Slow not LGgy but runs at low framerates(Like slo mo)

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 03:02 PM
    That's good to know I like what I hear ..I don't play games its the typical fb ,banking ,text and postings looking for smooth function hate lag.
    And yes mainly for communication purpose
    11-23-14 05:20 PM