So here's the story, 2 year old grabs the phone a gives it a good throw I mean a good one, I will add the z10 has a case on it it a good one with rubber on the in side an plastic outer. So all seemed fine with the phone I mean did not shut off or anything apps open and everyday stuff seemed fine. Until someone calls then here's were things get messed up. So I can here them but they can't here me at all, but but it on speaker phone and all works perfectly, we've done hard rest, battery pull ect. And unfortunately nothing is helping. Pls help as calling is not working

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 01:01 PM
    sounds like you need to replace some hardware. Have you tried reloading the OS?
    08-16-15 04:14 PM
    I just replaced the one on my old z10. Cost me 30$.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 05:08 PM
    No we haven't tried that yet, u think doing that ( re loading OS) would do anything?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 05:52 PM
    Why does it work when it's on speaker phone and not when it's on a regular calling?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 05:55 PM
    It's a different speaker altogether. Common issue on z10 and z30s

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 06:19 PM
    OK thanks, eh op were and who did you use for the new part for your Z10 was it an easy job? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 07:35 PM
    Well I'm in Toronto Canada. If you are too Google a place called ifixexpress in maple on rutherford.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:15 PM
    And yes it was about a 5-10. minute fix for them

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:15 PM
    I'm on the other of the country, in Vancouver BC.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:27 PM
    Oh you didn't fix it your self? I thought you did hmm so I should be able to buy the part online for like nothing Eh and pop it in?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:29 PM
    Hi,
    I recently bought a pre-owned Z10 that turned out to have a faulty microphone; the mic for the speakerphone is on the top edge of the handset and worked fine, but the one at the 'mouth end' just didn't work. Interestingly, it would not record audio when using the video camera, but with the new mic' it does!

I found a spare on the 'bay for less than 5, a T3 torx driver for 99 pence delivered, and watched a tear-down video to see what to do. I worked on a big piece of paper so I could see any bits that dropped out and used a magnet to put the nine tiny black screws on to keep them together, (this was kept well out of the way of any phone components).

Slightly tricky bits:
    1. One of the screws is hidden behind a black circular sticker towards the middle of the handset.
    2. There are five ribbon cables to disconnect from the motherboard, I forgot to re-connect the one for the power-button/headphone jack on my first attempt, so taking some pictures of the innards at each stage of the process might help with re-assembly.
    3. The original ribbon cable assembly is held on with glue/tape and took a bit of gentle persuasion to get out.

The whole thing took less than thirty minutes to complete and cost less than 6. I must confess I am an mechanical engineer, so am comfortable tinkering with stuff like this as it is basically screws etc, (not so keen on micro-electronics) but if you are not comfortable, I wouldn't recommend it.

Hope this may have been of some help in help you decide your course of action.

Cheers,

Mark.
    08-17-15 06:29 AM
    Hey thanks for all that I'm sure it will come in very handy,I live in Vancouver BC so I just need to find a reputable place to get the part from and we should be good to go, the video u watched was on u tube right. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 08:30 PM
    Hi ,

I think I followed a CB link that took me to YouTube, I also looked at the ifixit website, there is a detailed step-by-step guide, you would just need to get to step 7 to get the motherboard out and expose the microphone/ribbon-cable assembly.

Unfortunately, I can't paste a link in here as I only have two posts to my name! The article for the Z10 has this in the title - "Teardown/13445", so hopefully you can find it with a bit of rummaging around.

Cheers,

Mark.
    08-18-15 05:52 AM