I have not seen the Initial Setup / Welcome Screen in over 30 or so OS installs on My Z10. Is this normal?.
    I have been having problems with phone resetting to factory setting after a restart or reboot.
    Through my investigations, I noticed I don't get the initial setup / welcome screen on any of the OS I installed.. from 10.2.0.XXXX to 10.3.0.XXXX....... I think if i can get the welcome screen my problem could be solved and I will again enjoy the new leaks...

Is there a way to make the welcome screen/ initial setup screen return?

Yes, I have done multiple factory restores, countless wipes, pre and post install......
    I also notice something weird on 10.2.Y.XXXX, If I delete an app and follow up with security up, the restored OS does not include the deleted app..... The opposite of what happens on 10.3.0.XXXX

Any help will be much appreciated... a frustrated Z10 User

p/s what will happen if i left the battery out of the unit over several hours.. ? I will try that option tonite when I lay me down to sleep
    Last edited by sollos; 09-06-14 at 11:49 AM.
    09-06-14 09:58 AM
    Did you use autoloaders ?
    09-06-14 10:52 AM
    What you haven't tried is doing a secwipe via SIC Multiwipe. For more info about the program, please refer to this thread: SIC Multiwipe BB10, BBOS & PB - clean your device before auto/app loader
    sollos likes this.
    09-06-14 11:13 AM
    I have used Autoloaders, SideLoaders, Wipes, SICwipes, BB Link Reload/Reset, Blackberry site (using explorer) to reload and no Joys..

Anyways.. I think it is hardware related issues... I have decided to send the equipment back to TMOBILE / BLackberry for Equipment exchange..

I think they gave me a defective equipment.. I just didn't check it at the time i received it.... Since I hardly do restart/reboot, and my phone never ever dies on me... I didn't notice the problem.

That also explains why my contacts (not stored on sim) were going missing after a restart or restore.

Thanks
    09-06-14 11:52 AM
    What you haven't tried is doing a secwipe via SIC Multiwipe. For more info about the program, please refer to this thread: SIC Multiwipe BB10, BBOS & PB - clean your device before auto/app loader
    How you know that pal?
    09-06-14 12:03 PM
    Since you've returned the device then there is no reason for any of this. I hope the replacement will work flawlessly this time
    09-06-14 02:04 PM
    I still have the phone.. they (T-Mobile/BlackBerry) processed an exchange which, by the looks of it, will get to me friday next week.

I have done SIC wipe using all the available version and still no Joys ( for your edification).

This phone, another exchange I got from T-Mobile, always had that issue.. I just didn't notice it. I hardly restart my phone and my phone has never died out on me...( I always charged). Only times I recall restarting my phone is during leak install

I will love to have a solution cause the phone is in immaculate condition like news... am too cheap so i take care of my phones...
    09-06-14 04:18 PM
    Thanks all of you for wanting to help.
    I got my replacement hardware and Installed 10.3.0.1154 and it runs superb and flawless.
    Got my Welcome Screen / Setup and all......So am a happy camper now.
    thank you
    09-12-14 02:20 PM