I recently updated my Z10 (UK and EE Carrier) to 10.2.1.3062 and every day or so I am getting very high CPU and Battery Usage with BBM running in the background.

I have never used BBM and have no active or past conversations or contacts.

This morning, it used around 60% battery in under 3 hours, with 95% of that time sat at 'idle' in my pocket.

Sometimes its after I have connected it to my car stereo (charging and streaming music via USB) on an Alpine CDA-117Ri, but I dont think thats a cause.

A re-set will cure it but it keeps happening.

Some screen grabs from the last few days:

*I tried to post some links for screen grabs but it wont let me*
    01-26-15 04:30 AM
    This has been happening all over and for no apparent reason. This seems to go on for a few days and then everything goes back to normal. To the best of my knowledge, no solution has been found beyond the usual "reset the phone" or "do a security wipe". These solutions bring only a temporary respite.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    01-26-15 05:17 AM
    I recently updated my Z10 (UK and EE Carrier) to 10.2.1.3062 and every day or so I am getting very high CPU and Battery Usage with BBM running in the background.

This morning, it used around 60% battery in under 3 hours, with 95% of that time sat at 'idle' in my pocket.

Sometimes its after I have connected it to my car stereo (charging and streaming music via USB) on an Alpine CDA-117Ri, but I dont think thats a cause.

Nothing will solve the issue. Try to contact the BBM developer. He might solve the issue with the next update.. ....

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    01-27-15 10:17 AM

Try disabling BBM in the parental controls. If you never use it, you won't miss it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    01-27-15 11:14 AM
    I disabled BBM in parental controls and still have this problem. This morning, BBM used up nearly half of my battery while the phone was charging. When I went to see what was using up battery in device monitor, to my shock, it was BBM. At first, I thought that parental controls had been disabled somehow, but when I checked, they were still on and BBM was still off in parental controls. Device monitor shows that BBM still uses system resources (including data/wifi) even though it's blocked in parental controls. I'm using SR 10.2.1.2976 (Verizon) and BBM 10.2.1.3253.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 01:36 PM
    Did you perhaps check to see if there was an update available in BBW? IIRC that was an issue a few months back which was corrected in a later update.
    04-10-15 01:45 PM
    Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I am at the latest version, 10.7.3.21. I enabled BBM to double-check its version and it matches the latest version on BlackBerry World. The BBM version I got from device monitor was wrong.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 09:11 PM