Hello,

So I got a new BlackBerry Z10 as a gift from someone outside Canada and it turns out that the handset microphone is not working.

I tried it with the phone and with Remember (tried recording a voice note) and it does not work.

The strange thing is that when I am in a call and I switch to Speaker, the microphone starts working again! A friend of mine suggested that different microphones are used in Speaker and Handset modes.

Can someone confirm?
    Anything I can try to get it working again?
    Is there a way to force it to use the Speaker mode microphone all the time instead?

I have tried restarting, pulling the battery, and reloading the software, but nothing helped.

Otherwise, it is an awesome phone. I feel sad that the mic is malfunctioning.

Thanks!
    06-26-14 12:26 AM
    From BlackBerry World download BlackBerry Virtual Expert. There is a test section in the app that will allow you to test if the device is working as intended. Also it could be something wrong with the OS, etc. After the testing, you may want to wipe/reload the OS as well and test again. Make sure to back up your data first!
    06-27-14 01:30 PM