Hey guys just wanted to know. I was thinking about changing from BlackBerry z10 to Samsung galaxy alpha 4G. Well I was wondering if that is a safe bet....... is alpha better than z10????????

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 08:09 AM
    Hey guys just wanted to know. I was thinking about changing from BlackBerry z10 to Samsung galaxy alpha 4G. Well I was wondering if that is a safe bet....... is alpha better than z10????????

Posted via CB10
    - The screen will be the same
    - RAM is the same, however Android doesn't handle background tasking as well, so 2GB of RAM might not be enough. It's an unrestricted space on Android, so any app can run all the time
    - Memory for storage is 2x on Alphabet , plus you can install apps to SD
    - Z10 is a bit outdated now, the Alpha has quad core instead of dual. There are two Alpha models though, one faster and one slower than the Z10. But they will multitask better (and because of the background thing you'll need it)
    - Better Camera in the Alpha
    - The Battery will be equally abysmal. Only it will probably drain faster if you don't keep a close eye on the apps

Me, I wouldn't make that purchase. Just because your getting essentially an Android z10 with a couple spec bumps. I'd try to get something with a battery in the 2100+, 3GB RAM +, 16 GB storage +, and minimum Quad 1.5+ and a resolution with both numbers bigger than the Z10. But that's just me I like big upgrades if I'm making a change.

On Android though you need quad + lots of ram and a decent CPU or you'll probably never get an update.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    kbz1960, deremi and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    01-05-15 08:22 AM
    Alright then.... my other option was to wit a. Galaxy s5. or should I wait till the sequel of s5 is released????
    Tell me please

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 09:11 AM
    The Galaxy S5 beats down both the Alpha and Z10 in a lot of ways. The S5 is a Prosumer style model, so higher end. Definitely a nice device.

Edit: I don't know enough about Android though to really recommend on the new S5. Except it might drive the prices down for the current model (so you can maybe get them cheaper)

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    01-05-15 10:27 AM
    Hmm thanks.... will surely keep a tab on that

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:34 PM
    If you are set on a Samsung so be it. If not the Z30 will be a quantum upgrade over everything you've proposed!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    01-08-15 09:15 AM