I recently bought this charger for 10 dlrs on amazon, when i used it for the first time plugged in to my phone and after a while it stopped charging. I fully charged again the battery inside, tried it again and it's like the battery doesn't have fill capacity to charge the phone. I charge it till appears the green light, so why it doesn't dull completely? Or do I have to plug in when the battery is by 30% let's say to make sure I hope it goes to 100%.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 05:28 PM
    The charging bundle is never going to be able to give your phone a full charge. It uses the same size battery that the Z10 uses. The movement of power from one battery to another is not free. Essentially the full battery is pushing power to the empty battery. It takes energy to push energy. Also as the full battery pushes power to the empty one, it's getting weaker so it's ability to push that power gets lower. At the same time, as the empty battery charges, it gets harder and takes more power to charge it. So there is always going to be a loss of efficiency.

Now, I think some people are confused as to the actual purpose of the charging bundle. The charging bundles primary purpose is to allow you to charge your phone and a secondary battery at the same time. If your battery is getting low or empty, and you want 100% charge, you can swap the batteries. If you are on the phone or can't afford to swap batteries, but you need a charge then the charging bundle has the ability to give a charge without removing the battery. Though this comes at the cost of not fully charging your phone.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    11-17-14 07:04 PM
    The charging bundle is never going to be able to give your phone a full charge. It uses the same size battery that the Z10 uses. The movement of power from one battery to another is not free. Essentially the full battery is pushing power to the empty battery. It takes energy to push energy. Also as the full battery pushes power to the empty one, it's getting weaker so it's ability to push that power gets lower. At the same time, as the empty battery charges, it gets harder and takes more power to charge it. So there is always going to be a loss of efficiency.

Now, I think some people are confused as to the actual purpose of the charging bundle. The charging bundles primary purpose is to allow you to charge your phone and a secondary battery at the same time. If your battery is getting low or empty, and you want 100% charge, you can swap the batteries. If you are on the phone or can't afford to swap batteries, but you need a charge then the charging bundle has the ability to give a charge without removing the battery. Though this comes at the cost of not fully charging your phone.
    Very well put synopsis. Thanks.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    11-17-14 08:38 PM