hy i going t choose a phone model between galaxy s6 edge or bb passport. now the issue with me is that i'm a sort of writer guy. I mean i write for some local magazines etc. recently i had used a galaxy s5 and i have had so many apps related to writing and reading. so my question is if ii choose passport as my next model is it good enough and does it have much apps to support my writing style e.g like writer pad or journals and else? kindly help me with it as i'm so much confused.
    05-10-16 05:31 AM
    i guess the best way to find out is to go to the BB app store and see if you can find the same apps you are currently using.......
    05-10-16 08:21 AM
    People have written novels on BlackBerry's before... without much more than Doc to Go.

Not sure what the many apps you need are.... more concerning might be the efficiency of the the Passport and it's keyboard. It's not known as being the most ergonomic "size". One handed typing is possible for those with large hands, but it might not be as easy as say a Classic.
    05-10-16 08:24 AM
    You can install the Play Store if you want Android apps, but I can't give you a concrete answer as to how the experience on the Passport will be or if they will all work as intended. The keyboard is outstanding and flick to type is wonderful. I'd suggest turning off the auto correct feature if you want absolute precision, because it may produce some undesired results.

I have written several hundred pages on various BlackBerrys, but I didn't need other applications except MS Word, so I may not be able to properly help you in this matter...

Black Passport
    05-10-16 08:26 AM
    i'm a sort of writer guy
    I'm going to be critical of the way you are writing this post............! To answer your rather poorly written post, yes, you can use the Passport effectively and yes there are enough apps for that purpose.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-10-16 08:28 AM
    People have written novels on BlackBerry's before... without much more than Doc to Go.

Not sure what the many apps you need are.... more concerning might be the efficiency of the the Passport and it's keyboard. It's not known as being the most ergonomic "size". One handed typing is possible for those with large hands, but it might not be as easy as say a Classic.
    Good answer, but I don't see how you could write a serious and reliable piece of "anything" without the use of both hands. Even on a small Bold 9780, smaller than the great 9900, you'd still have to use both hands to compose something longer than a brief text or short email. I'd say that the Passport's keyboard is more than up to the task of writing. After all, it was designed as a two handed device, not as a compact phone.

Black Passport
    05-10-16 08:30 AM
    I'm going to be critical of the way you are writing this post............! To answer your rather poorly written post, yes, you can use the Passport effectively and yes there are enough apps for that purpose.
    Haha! Sorry for quoting you just for this, but that was hilariously on point!

Black Passport
    05-10-16 08:32 AM
    As someone who loves writing myself, I get by on a Q10. I've tried big touch phones and they are just hopeless for writing anything more than brief messages and even then nothing, repeat nothing will ever replace the satisfaction of good physical keyboard feedback.

I'd imagine the Passport is fine too because it's just a bigger version of the Q10. I have heard that some people find it unwieldy to hold because of its size.
    05-10-16 10:27 AM
    I truly can't say about specific apps. As mentioned, you can load Google Play Store on your Passport, but there's no assurance a specific app will work. Most likely, if it doesn't rely on GP Services, it'll work on BB10 (make sure it's 4.3 Jellybean compatible)

Now, regarding typing experience, for me the Passport is the best device I've ever used. Although, I'm trying to adapt to the PRIV'S pkb, which is good for daily use, I still prefer the Passport for when I need to write longer texts or edit documents. The square wide screen is, IMHO, much better for viewing documents than the traditional 16:9 ratio of most other phones.

I've owned several BlackBerry devices, including the Z10 and Z30, as well as the 9700, 9800, 9900, Q5 and Q10. Yet, even with how great the Z's vkb is (the same goes for the PRIV when closed), neither compares to the Passport. Other pkb devices are great for one handed use, yet as mentioned, when writing longer texts you'll end up using both hands. This is where the Passport truly stands out.

The Classic would be my second choice (I haven't owned one, but my mother has one), as the size, IMHO, is better than the Q10 and Q5. Needless to say, in your spot, I would pick the Passport. I have the OG but some users swear by the SE. I can't really say, but my OG Passport is just an amazing writing device.

If the apps you need, however, only work on Android devices, you could take a look at the PRIV or wait out a bit more, in hopes the speculated "Rome" becomes a reality.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    Semas likes this.
    05-10-16 10:55 AM