Sooooooo....I'm going to be honest. I used to be a Blackberry loyalist.

However, due to stagnation of devices, I eventually switched from my Bold 9900 to an Android device (make and model are irrelevant). I didn't even know that BB was still making handsets until about 7-8 months ago, when one of my friends showed me his BB Passport that he received for work. Yes, it was love at first sight. However, after just recently opting to upgrade my device for another Android device, switching back was not an option.

Fast forward a few months and things have worked out where I can get the device, but reading all of the posts here, I am wondering am I preparing to buy a $400+ paperweight. It is bad enough that many of my friends will joke me for going back to BB (if you're in the US, you know that BB doesn't come into smartphone conversations anymore except for Instagram #TBT posts), but I have tough skin. I don't however, have the tolerance and finances to buy a phone that will be abandoned in the next < year.

My question is, with my needing to get another phone, should I go with the Passport or just stay with Android*

*(it should be noted that I hate the Priv....cool concept, just don't like slide phones)
    04-21-16 02:53 PM
    To be honest I'm in that situation, local carriers don't sell Blackberry phones in my country, had to buy my Z30 in amazon and pay to bring it here and people ask me "what device is that" "though BlackBerry was dead" and make jokes but I don't really care at all, if I have the chance I would get another BlackBerry in the future because I like it

Posted from my big screen Z30 STA100-5 running ❿.❸.❷.2876
    04-22-16 01:29 AM
    Your BBerry won't become a paperweight. But will continue to work just fine. I've had a Z10 since they were offered here (US) and will keep for quite a bit longer. Then I may consider a Z30. People will tell you that you must go with the future or... or what? There's currently an article in the NYT about how users are keeping their phones longer and not succumbing to social pressure to upgrade. From my POV unless there's something I must have on an Android phone, then I don't need to "must upgrade."
    04-22-16 08:45 AM
    does your 9900 still work if its not broken? Yes, I dont understand people its not like the phone will just shut down and Never work again
    04-22-16 08:50 AM
    Here, this guy found a Palm Treo while recycling and is now using it as his daily driver...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/21/te...echnology&_r=1
    04-22-16 09:42 AM
    If you think the Passport is a paperweight you should not want it. The joke is on you and your friends if your concern is that having a BlackBerry doesn't look cool. It works the best, it is the best, and it even looks the best. I just learned about Jango and listen thru the browser bc there is no BB app. If apps that are not there are a big deal to you BB may not work for you. However I think it is just people's perceptions who don't know what it is really like to use a BlackBerry that gives it a bad rap, nothing more.

Typing this on my newest which is a Q10 which immediately became my favorite BlackBerry, because it's powerful yet small -- the combo I want.
    04-22-16 10:13 AM
    I carry a Passport and so happy with it, that even stopped using the iPad. Just don't need it. Go for BlackBerry it's worth it.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 10:25 AM
    I know I'm not the only one that is having browser issues with bb10. Due to lack of apps the browser on a bb10 is pretty important and on my z30 it was really starting to suck. I'm anxious to see if they do anything to make it better in their next update. Had they kept the software for that stuff updated I'd still be using my z30

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    04-22-16 10:48 AM
    Decision is entirely yours and obviously should be based upon your needs .....If you need apps, especially social media, you might struggle with BB10 although in the short term there are some shortcuts.
    If you simply need a device for text, mail, browsing BB10 especially on a PP should last you a couple of years at least.
    I still make use of my 9900 and switch between Z30 and a PP as daily drivers...mostly PP. Also have a Moto E2 on Marshmallow with Cobalts BB files....still go back to the bb10 devices though as they suit my needs most effectively.

Sine stercore tauri
    04-22-16 01:30 PM