Hello everyone,

I am a big fan of BlackBerry even if i never had a BlackBerry phone.
    My mobile phone for the past 5 years were iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and my current device is the Nokia Lumia 1520. A pretty good device, but i am afraid that the market is not enough. For example i can't set up an IPSec VPN, neither add my business email account. Also the GMAIL, YAHOO and similar mail clients are really bad.

So my question is, does it worth to purchase a BlackBerry mobile phone? The main tasks i do is surfing, facebook, what's app and the more "techie" are checking the NYSE, mail and VPN.

I am thinking of getting either the Z30 or the Passport. Can someone answer me honestly if it worth's?

Thank you!
    05-05-15 07:15 AM
    Yes for what you do a Passport would be perfect! It's extra large screen it makes email a sheer pleasure. And NO one does email like BlackBerry. (Android comes the closest) The other apps and functions you mentioned will all work either with native apps, Android apps, or with the excellent BB browser.

Ok true story! I went to the Apple store to try on the Apple Watch and the guy helping me was really impressed by my Passport. He even had several other Apple employees come over and check it out! Don't get me wrong I love Apple, I love Android. Not a huge fan of Windows phone, BUT nothing beats a BlackBerry in my opinion. You best bet might be to go to the AT&T store (flagship or corp store) and try the Passport out, or if you are in Canada go to one of the carriers there and TRY the device. Watch youtube videos of it in use. I think you will like what you see.
    05-05-15 07:58 AM
    I will second that. I am using the passport as a crucial means of doing business. I get excessive number of emails (two corporate personal accounts for my two businesses, 2 Gmail accounts and until recently I had a yahoo account. SM I use mainly linked in facebook and twitter. Browser: I use it for almost everything, from personal to professional stuff and I even log in our business backoffice suite via the PP.

Email is great, simply put the best email on mobile in my opinion and the passport with the phkb + wonderful screen makes it a bliss. Exchange server works very well as well. this Plus the organisation in the hub is superb (colour coding accounts, priority hub etc).

SM plus IM apps in hub also is really good. The FB app is not that great but it is decent.

The passport made me use my laptop even less and it is a great tool for mobile work and email. Most of my email is done via the passport now and then re-organised on my PC.

Also, direct access to my PC files is something I value highly!

I think that for what you are mentioning the passport is a great choice. The screen, touch sensitive physical keyboard, speed and quality of browser are awesome, plus you get a great battery life.

Those are just some of the things that I think the passport is great for. Give it a try if you have access to a demo unit and make sure to read the passport forum, lots of great tips and features there!

Posted via CB10 on my beloved Passport
    05-05-15 08:26 AM
    Hello,

I am thinking of getting the Z30. I guess that it is equally great as the passport?
    05-05-15 08:31 AM
    Do keep in mind that the BlackBerry 10 OS has a quite steep learning curve. Don't get put off by the fact that it takes a while to get used to it. If your adapted I truly think it is the best OS to get work done available at the moment.

There are many shortcuts and multitasking features that no other platform offers at the moment. And I've tried all of them (except Sailfish but that on the wishlist...)

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 08:32 AM
    Yeah bro use BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 08:33 AM
    This may not be a very popular opinion but this is my way of looking at what phone to choose. I've honestly used pretty much every high end phone over the last eight years and it this point, they pretty much all do the same things - almost.

I know if I buy an iPhone or Android, I get the baseline functionality I need plus added features that are not needs, but definitely add to the user experience. I'm talking about the things that I don't realize I want until I don't have them anymore - apps, integration tools, better specs.

When I'm using a BB, I lose so much of the extra functionality that I enjoy. While BB provide's the baseline functionality I require, it doesn't do much else for me. For my use, I lose a ton of functionality when using BB email and tools (before the CB community attacks me, I'm just saying that for me, other solutions work better).

I love BB. BB10 is an awesome, unique OS. At this point, as much as I love BB, it isn't really worth it for me.

It sounds like for what you need, BB will work just fine. Just wanted to offer my take.
    05-05-15 08:36 AM
    I agree with Rodney to an extent. My only disagreement is relevant to email. If you want to mainly do heavy emailing and messaging I think bb10 is unparalleled in both composition and management plus integration of activity by contact and social media feedback. I find this to be a key issue where BlackBerry is still (in my opinion) the best OS for emailing and messaging (some social media though would have drawbacks but as long as twitter fb linkedin are concerned it is ok and then some). The additional Android runtime also helps in filling the gap and if you are willing to do some workaround you can install googleplay (some issues if googleplay services are needed will be there though for specific apps).

this is what BlackBerry can do very well to exceptionally with differentiation that for me has considerable advantage over other platforms for you:
    email
    messaging
    browsing.
    connectivity with PC without cloud via link (both on wifi and carrier data networks) as well as balance.

In that respect the Z30 would be the same in capabilities of OS as the passport in the vast majority.

The passport would give you extra:
    bigger screen with better reading and browsing experience
    physical keyboard which for me works great and increments output in composition of docs emails etc very much (plus has touch sensitive features to swype up words and browsing and keeps the screen real estate free of vk for the most part, which I think is a big plus in reading comfort and speed).
    Battery life is better compared to the Z30
    speed is better compared to the Z30
    ram is really good

BlackBerry gives you micro sd as well which is something I use happily and is another huge plus compared to iphone (androids have this also though).

hope that helps

Posted via CB10 on my beloved Passport
    05-05-15 10:42 AM
    Can anyone confirm that blackberry allows IPSec XAuth VPN Authentication?
    Thanks!
    05-05-15 12:43 PM
    Can anyone confirm that blackberry allows IPSec XAuth VPN Authentication?
    Thanks!
    It seems so, though I have not tried out myself.

here is the screenshot. In theory it should work:

Attachment 351231

and here are the gateway options:

Attachment 351232

Attachment 351233

Attachment 351234

Have a look here for BES as well just in case:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/...433805681.html
    05-05-15 01:16 PM
    Nope but it's a good phone
    05-05-15 01:34 PM
    Lack of apps... them again since you are moving from windows phone it's fine!

If you are looking for productivity then BlackBerry is certainly the best at it! Email etc...

If you want more battery life go for passport..
    Just try keeping your passport in the pocket to know if u are comfortable with that

If u want to watch more videos I suggest the Z30 for its larger screen.... sadly the z30 is an older phone than the passport.

I haven't used any of these phones so what I said is just out of my knowledge from what I've read..

I use the Z10.. its pretty good but Z30 seems better.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 02:04 PM
    Is it worth to buying a BlackBerry? Absolutely!
    05-05-15 02:26 PM