In the past when I used blackberry assistant I would get immediate answers from wolfram alpha. Recently that has all stopped and it automatically goes to searching the Internet but the page never loads. The voice works but I never get an answer as the webpage never loads. I can compose and send message with Assistant but seems I don't have access to the Internet or wolfram for information. Anyone else having this issue? I'm using a passport with only official 10.3 updates PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639. Any suggestions or solutions to this possibly? I've restarted the phone with no luck both with restart function and volume up/down restart.

Robertino  Passport
    11-05-15 10:47 PM
    It's working on my PP but I'm curious as to how you have it integrated with Assistant. I can only access it indirectly through a voice request for the app and then I use Assistant to enter my query. Is there a way to bypass that second step? I should add that I had WA loaded through Amazon and I don't believe that it's been updated since.
    11-06-15 01:32 AM
    It's working on my PP but I'm curious as to how you have it integrated with Assistant. I can only access it indirectly through a voice request for the app and then I use Assistant to enter my query. Is there a way to bypass that second step? I should add that I had WA loaded through Amazon and I don't believe that it's been updated since.
    It is supposed to be built into the assistant; no app to download then

If you would ask for example who a certain important person would be (John Chen, president, big company i.e.) or an equation, it should bring up a result from Wolfram Alpha.

OP, I wish I could try it out for ya, but my Z decided to take an extra leave for a while.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 04:56 AM
    So WA is the resource base in Assistant. Wasn't aware of that.
    Used Assistant with and without the WA app and it's apparently working well on my PP. Query results are identical no matter which route I choose. Was taking an unnecessary step there.
    11-06-15 12:14 PM
    Well I don't know why mine has all of a sudden stopped accessing wolfram alpha for responses to questions like " the population of canada" which it used to do just fine. I'm wondering if it's a geo-lock of some sort. I recently moved to Saudi so that could be it I guess but I'm not sure. It worked fine when I lived Canada, in Indonesia or Colombia and even Egypt. Wonder if anyone else in Saudia has the same issue??

Robertino  Passport
    11-07-15 02:54 AM