Has anyone tried the option to wipe device using blackberry protect? I needed to do a secure wipe on my phone and decided to do it via blackberry protect, however the process is taking over 3 hours. I know a secure wipe can take a long time (up to 4 hours) but I was wondering if anybody actually suceeded doing it via blackberry protect.
    08-06-14 01:21 PM
    tl:dir: It's a bug and is likely already completed wiping, it just never rebooted.

How you go about the process has little bearing on how long it takes. The thing with a security wipe is that sometimes, the process is already done but the device doesn't reboot itself to indicate that it is done which causes you to manually reboot the device. I'm 99.9% sure if you reboot it, the process will be completed. You can't really do any harm by rebooting it either, you're already wiping the data. Which is the majority of the risk when doing such things.
    08-06-14 01:43 PM
    This is not my lucky day. Actually the device rebooted on its own three time and restarted the secure wipe process (showing the paper shreder icon). After an error code saying {Big exclamation mark !}:BlackBerry 10 OS error codes - US

I looked up the error code and now I am in the middle of reloading my software using Link.

Ps. Despite my phone not working, I feel honored to have the editor in chief anwser my question. Your anwser reassures me that I did not do something I stupid have to test out blackberry protect. I am sure this is a random error that will hopefully be fixed after I resotre the Os.
    08-06-14 01:53 PM
    This is not my lucky day. Actually the device rebooted on its own three time and restarted the secure wipe process (showing the paper shreder icon). After an error code saying {Big exclamation mark !}:BlackBerry 10 OS error codes - US

I looked up the error code and now I am in the middle of reloading my software using Link.

Ps. Despite my phone not working, I feel honored to have the editor in chief anwser my question. Your anwser reassures me that I did not do something I stupid have to test out blackberry protect. I am sure this is a random error that will hopefully be fixed after I resotre the Os.
    Nothing the reload won't fix.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 07:52 PM
    I was able to reload my os via link. It worked!

Out of curiosity I tried doing another security wipe and this time it worked. It only took 30 minutes. My phone runs without any glitch.
    08-06-14 10:55 PM