I need the ability to open up a windows smb share from file manager...

It should show in the file manager similar to box and drop box and you can add one or multiple windows network shares...

At the moment I have to use "File Expert HD" side loaded android app...

Please tell me if there is this feature currently available in bb10 and I'm just missing it or if there is an app for it?

If not can a developer read this and think it's a good idea and develop an app to do it.

Many thanks
    Jeremy

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 05:11 PM
    Not an answer but if you install BlackBerry link on the desktop then you could access its files from the device file manager.
    Windows file sharing and security is quite complex so not many apps attempt to support it. I just checked the Playcloud app and it doesn't seem to operate on smb shares. It works over ftp though.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 10:12 PM
    ghost commander.

Posted via CBX
    06-23-15 04:33 PM
    I generally use Ghost Commander for SMB drives. As second option is Net Shares FE: both work really well and can even connect to drives set for NTLMv2.

For BES enabled devices there is BlackBerry Work Drives that will integrate SMB folders directly into the file manager.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 09:07 PM
    ghost commander.

Posted via CBX
    Thanks but i would like it to be intergrated into native file manager like dropbox or box
    06-23-15 10:20 PM
    I generally use Ghost Commander for SMB drives. As second option is Net Shares FE: both work really well and can even connect to drives set for NTLMv2.

For BES enabled devices there is BlackBerry Work Drives that will integrate SMB folders directly into the file manager.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, however I need to be able to do this without BES.

Is there any otherway?
    06-23-15 10:22 PM
    Not at this time. The issue is that SMB is generally blocked at any external firewall, and for very good reason. It works on BES since you essentially have an internal network connection at all times, but there's no real way for developers to implement it.
    Jeremy Fisk likes this.
    06-24-15 10:09 AM
    Thanks for that... what about something like ftp access from within the native file manager or webdav or something? is that a possibility?
    07-12-15 08:02 PM
    Thanks for that... what about something like ftp access from within the native file manager or webdav or something? is that a possibility?
    From the native file manager no, but Playcloud offers support for both.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 05:05 AM