I have been told by a local (Durban, SA) cellular dealer that I will be able to "side-load" WhatsApp on to a BlackBerry Passport or Priv (no keyboard) after 31 December 2016, but NOT on the Priv with slider keyboard.

Does anyone know if this is correct? I need a phone with a physical qwerty keyboard, but I use WhatsApp with all of my colleagues and students.

I would really like to keep with the BlackBerry 9720, which is perfect for everyday academic use, but would be prepared to buy a Priv with slider keyboard if WhatsApp could be loaded on to it.

Regards
    Dee
    11-20-16 04:01 AM
    No worries, your Passport will be able to run WA until mid 2017 (for now) but Priv will run it until it breaks down. Enjoy it
    11-20-16 04:21 AM
    I have been told by a local (Durban, SA) cellular dealer that I will be able to "side-load" WhatsApp on to a BlackBerry Passport or Priv (no keyboard) after 31 December 2016, but NOT on the Priv with slider keyboard.

Does anyone know if this is correct? I need a phone with a physical qwerty keyboard, but I use WhatsApp with all of my colleagues and students.

I would really like to keep with the BlackBerry 9720, which is perfect for everyday academic use, but would be prepared to buy a Priv with slider keyboard if WhatsApp could be loaded on to it.

Regards
    Dee
    All Priv are "slider" devices with the option of both a virtual and a physical keyboard....not certain what your cellular dealer was referring to...BlackBerry Dtek perhaps. Regardless as mentioned the Priv and the DTEK will not have any issues with Whatsapp as both are recent Android offerrings...the Passport however is another story---June 2017 is the reported end date.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 04:35 AM
    hi all is there anyone who haven't updated the whatsapp to the latest version yet and can help by uploading the bar file..
    pleeeeease help!
    11-20-16 02:11 PM