Verizon Says that Passport does not work on Verizon network. I understand this has to do with the dark worlds of CDMA and GSM. Details below. However Verizon does sell the Priv.

1. Can an unlocked Passport operate (fully) on Verizon?

2. If no is the response to #1 above, then how come the Priv works.

3. I would completely shocked BB has not addressed this as Verizon holds 31% share of the US market.

Background: "In the U.S., there are two wireless technologies CDMA and GSM and they are completely incompatible with each other. The majority of the Verizon and Sprint networks use CDMA technology, while AT&T and T-Mobile are built on GSM."
    09-26-16 07:59 PM
    Verizon Says that Passport does not work on Verizon network. I understand this has to do with the dark worlds of CDMA and GSM. Details below. However Verizon does sell the Priv.

3. I would completely shocked BB has not addressed this as Verizon holds 31% share of the US market.

Background: "In the U.S., there are two wireless technologies — CDMA and GSM — and they are completely incompatible with each other. The majority of the Verizon and Sprint networks use CDMA technology, while AT&T and T-Mobile are built on GSM."
    Passport doesn't have a CDMA radio. Priv does. With no CDMA radio there's no calls or texts on Verizon.
    09-26-16 08:05 PM

Background: "In the U.S., there are two wireless technologies — CDMA and GSM — and they are completely incompatible with each other. The majority of the Verizon and Sprint networks use CDMA technology, while AT&T and T-Mobile are built on GSM."
    Passport doesn't have a CDMA radio. Priv does. With no CDMA radio there's no calls or texts on Verizon.
    09-26-16 08:45 PM