My girlfriend bought me a q10 for Christmas, she picked it up at best buy, Verizon is giving me a hard time, they claim the phone can not be found with IMEI number. Their system is not picking up my phone. I think they are full of it, they are sending me out a sim card, since I'm switching from an iPhone 5S and their sim cards are different in size. I suspect this is the Verizon protocol to make every customer life harder who brings in a 3rd party unlocked phone. Any thoughts?
    01-05-15 04:15 AM
    You need a VZW sim card to make the phone recognizable on their network. Also, is the phone CDMA? Are you in the states? It has to be a CDMA. Hope you are able to work it out with the VZW staff
    01-05-15 05:30 AM
    Doesn't Verizon only use the sime when the device is roaming internationally. Within the US, they allow only CDMA phones the network and those devices have to be branded do they not?
    01-05-15 05:57 AM
    For LTE devices, Verizon requires a SIM for all data connections to provision the phone. However unless the device is an SQN100-2 variant of the Q10, which is the Verizon only version, you will not have the CDMA radiostack that you need to get voice service on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 08:00 AM
    Verizon will not activate a phone on its network unless the esn is in the database. That is the number other than the imei number which is used for lte, esn is the cdma part of the phone used for network authentication. Unless that esn is in Verizon or sprints database because they are cdma carriers, not GSM, you have a better chance at hitting your head on a wall a few dozen times. The results would be the same.
    01-05-15 08:36 AM