I have 20 years worth of notes stored in Memopad on my Passport. If I buy a KeyOne will I be able to bring them over easily? What will I NOT be able to bring over from BB OS10 to the KeyOne?
    03-26-17 09:12 AM
    I have 20 years worth of notes stored in Memopad on my Passport. If I buy a KeyOne will I be able to bring them over easily? What will I NOT be able to bring over from BB OS10 to the KeyOne?
    I may not fully understand. Remember is the BB10 app and its plain text notes can be moved to the BB Android devices using Content Transfer. Wasn't Memo(pad) from earlier versions of bb devices that synced with Memo in OUtlook?

But in any event, Notes in Android BB devices is not terrific. Unless you have an Active Sync (???) account, they are impossible to export or sync with anything else. Folks use Evernote and some other solutions. I've moved to another app, Note Everything, that allows import/export, at least, although it does not sync with other products.
    03-26-17 01:54 PM
    You have notes dating back to 1997 in your Passport?

Posted with my  Classic
    03-26-17 02:18 PM
    You have notes dating back to 1997 in your Passport?

Posted with my  Classic
    I can see that as possible. The OP didn't say he created them on a BlackBerry. Way back, I imported some notes from other sources onto the 8130 I was using. Many were years older. Most of those I carried forward to every device until I imported them to Evernote, then from Evernote to a paid Outlook.com account.
    03-26-17 03:03 PM
    I can see that as possible. The OP didn't say he created them on a BlackBerry. Way back, I imported some notes from other sources onto the 8130 I was using. Many were years older. Most of those I carried forward to every device until I imported them to Evernote, then from Evernote to a paid Outlook.com account.
    Interesting. I have only been on BlackBerry since the 8300 Curve series, did not join CrackBerry until years later. Hopefully OP will be able to save and import his notes.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-26-17 03:10 PM
    '20 years of notes on my Passport' - yes indeed, I started working for the Canadian government in 1983 and got my first bb around 1986. I've been migrating my notes files to successive models ever since. However my lovely ATT Passport was run over and destroyed the other day and now all I have is the Remember app data backed up via BB Link as a .bbb file on my Windows 7 pc. There seems to be no way on earth to transfer the data in usable form to another smartphone, other than buying another BB 10 device which I now do not want to do. Or at least I cannot find anyone in either Europe or N America able to give me a workable solution! How can I transfer the backup to an Android device?? Or, and here I'm back to my original question,can I be assured that my backed up Passport data is compatible with the new KeyOne?
    Any and all suggestions on how to recoup my precious notes data most appreciated ! I'm amazed that everyone seems so stumped when zillions must have or have had the same problem, or am I missing something?
    Am new to the Forum. Crossing my fingers.
    best, john in Rome
    03-26-17 04:12 PM