I recently purchased a z10 because I love my BB keyboard but my Bold is getting so outdated and no apps work on it anymore (not even skype). WHen I got it I went crazy trying to figure out why the ONLY notification that WORKS is when an email comes in. It shows with the red * as well as rings but no other notifications work. I get no red * when I get a text or BBM message and no ringtone even when I set personalized ringtones and alerts. I thought I was doing something wrong until I called BB support and they walked through it with me on the phone and said "choose email notifications" from the list and I said "my phone doesnt have that" and they said "oh thats right. We are running 10.3 on our z10's for testing but it isnt out yet for this device". So basically the new OS update will correct the problem but I have no idea when it is coming. Why did it hit other devices but not the z10? I have switched back to my old phone because the z10 is unusable until that is fixed. I cant get an alert every 2 seconds when I get an email and get NO other notifications for any other kind of communication. It is maddening.
    10-06-14 03:56 PM
    10.3 was built for the Passport and will be optimized for the other in market devices in 10.3.1 - which is being built for the Classic and the Classic has similar internals to the other devices (not passport) -

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 04:04 PM
    So you were running a leaked 10.3?
    Running a leaked OS and complaining about a bug or missing feature is like eating week old sandwich meat and complaining you got a stomach ache... It's hardly a surprise outcome.

What OS version were you using specifically? Did you try any different OS version?
    10-06-14 04:06 PM
    I dont know what that means. Im not running anything leaked. I am running 10.2 which my BB says is the latest OS for Z10. I am WAITING for 10.3. I am not running anything leaked. The z10 running 10.3 was the one that customer service rep was looking at when trying to walk me through the issue I was having over the phone. She kept telling me to choose "email notifications" and I kept telling her that isnt an option on my list. that is when she realized SHE was running a newer OS version than me and that is why I didnt have the same options as hers was showing. She told me that the notifications bug would be fixed when 10.3 came to the Z10 but couldnt tell me when that was.
    10-06-14 07:13 PM