I stay in India and my cousin from the USA got me a Blackberry Passport Silver edition,after 3 months it started to restart and eventually never turned on Again.I had sent my passport with his friend to the USA and i am gonna get a replacement Handset.My question is,if my cousin sends that phone to me through a courier company,will it charge any Import duty?
    01-07-16 03:00 PM
    I'm not familiar with India's import duties but if the phone is coming directly from your cousin in the USA wouldn't it be a personal parcel and not subject to duties???
    Your cousin could ensure it's appropriately insured and send it as a "gift".

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 07:40 PM
    Custom duty is payable on the accessed value of the imported product and not on actual invoice. I guess you can get imported goods upto Rs. 10000/- provided its sent as a gift. So if for the first time when the phone was brought in India nd the duty was paid than in that case you ll have to tk the earlier receipt to the customs office nd get ya phone stating it to be a replacement. If no that yu ll be intimated bout the mobile phone received nd to pay the charges. If the duty is already paid while sending it. You have to just go nd collect your phone.

Blackberry Z30
    01-08-16 01:34 AM