First of all love this site. I've never had to ask a question before because I have always found answers doing a search. My 32GB Playbook is starting to die: Screen Flickering, white screen, backlight not turning off etc. I am thinking about buying a 64GB but wanted to make sure that I can still download OS 2.1 assuming the new one will not have it installed. Also will all of my movies and TV shows from the defunct Video Store transfer over (I have them downloaded to the Playbook) via the Blackberry Desktop, also has anyone ever seamlessly transferred Dbase31 Pro? I do not want to lose my data or have to recreate my databases. Same for My Screenplay Pro? Anyone transfer that seamlessly? Thanks in advance for the advice.
    07-07-15 10:39 AM
    First of all love this site. I've never had to ask a question before because I have always found answers doing a search. My 32GB Playbook is starting to die: Screen Flickering, white screen, backlight not turning off etc. I am thinking about buying a 64GB but wanted to make sure that I can still download OS 2.1 assuming the new one will not have it installed. Also will all of my movies and TV shows from the defunct Video Store transfer over (I have them downloaded to the Playbook) via the Blackberry Desktop, also has anyone ever seamlessly transferred Dbase31 Pro? I do not want to lose my data or have to recreate my databases. Same for My Screenplay Pro? Anyone transfer that seamlessly? Thanks in advance for the advice.
    Some interesting questions in there. I don't know about the Video store stuff. Generally, if you establish the same BBID, apps will be available again. But I don't know about the video store items. I presume the OS update will be available.

I wonder if you did a complete backup from the old one and then restored to the new one, if that would work for most of your stuff - again, using the same BBID.

Maybe this will also bump your post for more answer.

Since this is in the UNanswered questions area, you might want to repost it in the Playbook forum (unless it is there???)

(as an aside, I was leaving for vacation for 3 weeks and had not used my 64gig playbook for a while. I wanted to turn if off. Removed from power supply - no sign of life. I panicked but had to put it aside and leave. Came home and plugged it in to rapid charger. Still dead. Plugged into usb charger and the green light started to blink. Left it for an hour and it rebooted.)

Good luck
    07-08-15 10:01 AM