Yes, there will be new devices launched to coincide with the release of 10.3.4
    02-11-17 06:45 PM
    There's also the problem of paying Qualcomm the apparently exorbitant prices they want for new BB10 drivers for their newer CPUs.

Unless you want BlackBerry to continue using the nearly 3-year-old Snapdragon 801 - the last one BlackBerry got drivers for when they made the Passport.

Joel
    Why would a new bb10 device need qualcomm? Why not mediatek? That's cheaper and I'm sure the company would be more accommodating, hypothetically.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    02-11-17 08:15 PM
    i will be making a million dollars a year from my job here at CB before a new bb10 device is ever released....just saying.
    02-11-17 08:40 PM
    So you saying there is a chance?^^

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 09:29 PM
    i will be making a million dollars a year from my job here at CB before a new bb10 device is ever released....just saying.
    I can chip in a buck to put you over the top.

I think the OP answered the question himself with the title of the thread
    02-11-17 10:53 PM
    Isnt the reality that technically blackberry will never make another device of any type again?
    device = handset? if you mean hardware, I believe they are still doing the radar for truck, or something like that.
    IMHO, it all depend on the CEO's choice. He changed BB to software company by reorg and put money in to "good", etc. if he saw an oppotuniety of handset that can be next gen money making gig, like Jim and Mike realize their software does not provide early BB control of distribution, user iintermicy (direct access to user) and network access, it rely on their customer's mercy for fate of the company, hardware BB was born. If Chen canmke money without hardware handset, he will have no incentive to bring it back, even though current environment would be the best for new hardware entry-AR/VR need new secure at hardware/softwre integration (hardware level encryption required to secure many, including IoT). the fragmented app field is reach to such bad situation as dev 70% not even download once. The consolidation is immanent. new machine learning and synapsis (IBM) type of languages with cross bar new chip (low power) all approach maturity... Majority of lego blocks are there for new handsets, or soemthing that replace handsets. As for BB10, the hybrid BB-Droid is XY off spring hybrid: with Y from Droid (not change backward compatible) X from BB, unless it changed to Y from BB and X from Droid (inherited security and business central OS design with hardware in mind from BB), and that hybrid capable of work with both google and BB at concept level, (or Google license the BB and worked at pixel initial design phase), what ever the next gen does not hold too much hope...
    02-12-17 07:09 AM
    Depends on what "critical mass" is at the time you launch your OS.

In 2007 BlackBerry was still using an old JAVA based OS that was pretty much the same OS that most dumbphones were using. Windows was transitioning, Palm was transitioning.....

iOS and Android were launched at a point when there really wasn't an entrenched "modern" smartphone OS in existence. They brought new things to the newly forming consumer smartphone market. Fast Forward to 2013... and Android and iOS are selling more phones in a year that BlackBerry has active users.... "critical mass" had been greatly increased to a point that simply was well beyond BlackBerry's reach. The "battle" was probably lost in 2005 when BlackBerry didn't see any need to even plan to replace BBOS (they knew Google had bought Android, they knew their were plans to bring a phone to the iPod). Maybe if BlackBerry had reacted more quickly to the iOS and Android threat, they would have had some chance if a new OS had been released in 2010..... but it was just too little, too late in 2013. (For more than just BlackBerry... Windows, Firefox, Sailfish, Meego....)

Sorry but at this point, not even BlackBerry cares about BB10 anymore.... they couldn't afford to.
    02-13-17 08:05 AM
32 12