Hi all,

I just ordered a new Z10 from Verizon. The last BB I owned was the Storm. Currently I am running a Motorola Razr (android) that I "rooted" for the WiFi tethering. I am hoping I didnt make a mistake by buying a BB Z10 as I will need it to tether wireless to my laptop, tv ect, are there any apps that can do this? Can I use android apps to do this ie.. FoxFi? Or does verizon okay without purchacing WiFi package?

Thanks
    09-15-14 04:50 PM
    Hi all,

I just ordered a new Z10 from Verizon. The last BB I owned was the Storm. Currently I am running a Motorola Razr (android) that I "rooted" for the WiFi tethering. I am hoping I didnt make a mistake by buying a BB Z10 as I will need it to tether wireless to my laptop, tv ect, are there any apps that can do this? Can I use android apps to do this ie.. FoxFi? Or does verizon okay without purchacing WiFi package?

Thanks
    Let me google that for you
    09-15-14 05:43 PM
    I have googled it, but there are no strait answers. I am unsure if any of the tethers made for BB will work like android tether. I am also unsure and cant find the answer for if I use an apk app like FoxFi if it will work. I thought just maybe there was someone here that uses their Z10 as a mobile hotspot. And could point me in the correct direction :-)...

Thanks
    09-15-14 05:52 PM
    not sure if this is what you are looking for...this is how I setup a hot spot on my z10

Settings --> Network and Connections
    scroll to the bottom
    09-15-14 06:46 PM
    I have googled it, but there are no strait answers. I am unsure if any of the tethers made for BB will work like android tether. I am also unsure and cant find the answer for if I use an apk app like FoxFi if it will work. I thought just maybe there was someone here that uses their Z10 as a mobile hotspot. And could point me in the correct direction :-)...

Thanks
    Built into the Z10 functionality is both Mobile Hotspot and Internet Tethering. The former is described in the first result of the google search I posted (in spite of my typo in the search criteria) and the latter is described in the 4th result.
    Here is a screen shot of the Network and Connections options in Settings on a Z10:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140915_215030.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	298116
    09-15-14 09:01 PM