I have a Q10, OS 10.29. I'm with Bell
    Everything was working fine with the phone until:
    A few weeks ago I mistakenly used my playbook cable to charge the phone. The phone discharged instead and gave me an error message saying that my SIM could not find the network. I charged the phone half way, rebooted, battery pulled and still didn't connect. I turned it off and fully charged it. It then connected to the Bell network no problem, however,
    When I turn off the phone my wifi shuts off. When I turn the phone back on I have to go into my wifi settings and turn it on and log into any wifi network because any saved networks are erased. All is well until I shut off the phone or back it up. Wifi shuts off and erases any saved networks.
    Another problem is my Ford Sync won't read incoming text messages even though it did before the "incident".
    I did go to Bell and get a new SIM card. No luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 05:22 PM
    Nothing wrong with using your Playbook charger on the phone. Many of us do it. I've been charging Z10's for almost a year using a Playbook 1.8A charger, no ill effects, and now using them on my Z30's.

I'm thinking your phone is beginning to croak and will need repair/replacement.

Richard
    09-03-14 05:43 PM
    Did you try reinstalling the OS? Sounds like something is in there corrupting the software and causing errors.
    Use BlackBerry Link to do a backup, Factory Reset and Restore. If you still have problems, security wipe the device and reload the OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 01:32 AM
    Everything started working ok when the OS update came out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 05:49 PM
    If it happens again make sure the phone is completely discharged by trying to turn it on loads of times then a few battery pulls before charging it fully. I've found it fixes the problem faster

Posted with my z10 stl100-2 running 10.2.1.3442
    12-17-14 06:36 PM