I'm told from AT&T, that the passport wont work internationally? I'm inquiring about Brunei, China, Netherlands, Kenya, and India. They apparently don't have an agreement with those countries, though, my Bold 9900 functionally works/roams in those locations due to an old agreement.
    Whats the point then? Why call it a passport?

Will a new agreement be coming in the near future for those countries?
    04-03-15 06:47 PM
    No idea what they're smoking. A Passport should roam more easily because it does not even require BIS for data. Ask them if an Android will work in these places. If they say yes, the Passport will as well and the person you first spoke to was an *****.

Re: roaming agreements, that information you're best given by AT&T. Roaming agreements are subject to terms between carriers--basically how much the domestic carrier is charging and foreign carrier is willing to pay for roaming access. If you haven't been to these places in a while (I'd say a year,) it's possible terms could have changed.
    04-03-15 09:40 PM
    I'm told from AT&T, that the passport wont work internationally? I'm inquiring about Brunei, China, Netherlands, Kenya, and India. They apparently don't have an agreement with those countries, though, my Bold 9900 functionally works/roams in those locations due to an old agreement.
    Whats the point then? Why call it a passport?

Will a new agreement be coming in the near future for those countries?
    You're asking about two separate issues.

A) The capability of the phone to connect to available radio frequencies serviced by carriers in those countries (i.e. Does the Passport have the necessary 'radio bands'?). Say, you got a SIM card from a local carrier in the foreign country,.. AT&T would no longer be in the picture, and it's just based on whether the Passport has the radio band that the carrier uses.

---To find that out you need to check the country carriers, and see which bands they use. Then compare that with the radio bands supported by the Passport hardware. (and whether the AT&T version is unlocked)

B) Whether AT&T has an active "roaming" agreement with any carrier in those countries (i.e. Is there a local foreign carrier that services AT&T subscribers, then bills AT&T, who then bills you?).

--- This question is independent of the device (except for older BlackBerry devices that used special BIS plans), as long as your device satisfies question A above (i.e. Has the necessary radio bands).

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    04-03-15 09:52 PM