I'm trying to back up my new Passport (with the latest OS update) to my Mac running OSX Yosemite. Blackberry Link connects to the phone ok, and I can navigate the various folders and see the contents, but the Backup and Restore buttons stay grayed out for some unknown reason. The Contacts and Calendars actions and settings are also grayed out. USB and WiFi connections both have this problem.

I see nothing in the Passport's Application Permissions list that would indicate blocking.

Does anyone have suggestions that might solve this problem?
    12-31-14 01:21 PM
    Have you loaded the new blend on your mac, it has link and blend and new drivers, i think you need,

BlackBerry Blend ? Desktop Software for BlackBerry - Canada
    12-31-14 02:22 PM
    Just to be sure, I re-installed the latest OSX versions of Blackberry Blend and Blackberry Link. As far as I can tell, there are no settings in the Passport that would prevent backups from happening. When I run the Link software on the Mac, the expected media folders from the phone show up on the Mac desktop, so the WiFi link is working correctly.

That didn't fix the issue ... the backup and restore buttons are still grayed out.

I'm going to try this on my Windows-7 PC to see what happens. Unfortunately there is no Linux version of the software.
    12-31-14 04:05 PM
    Are you sure your signed into link with your BBID
    12-31-14 04:07 PM
    This is getting a little bit bizarre ....

- I tried Blackberry Link on a different Mac (Yosemite) and the problem persists on that machine too (again using WiFi, signed in with BBID).

- BUT ... I *can* do a backup via USB, so I have to assume backups can't be done via WiFi (unlike Blackberry Blend's ability to use any connectivity). Maybe this is by design??

- As an academic exercise, I installed the PC version of the software on a Windows-7Pro machine. The install seemed to go ok, but it refuses to sign in to my Blackberry ID, claiming it can't talk to the Internet. Even with the firewall switched off, it can't sign in. Internet connectivity is fine (otherwise how would I download the software? ) This may or may not be a bug, but I'm not going to pursue it because I use Windows only when desperate.

- When I connect the Passport to the Windows PC via USB, the Link software still can't sign in to my Blackberry ID but as with the two Macs, it *can* backup the phone.

A curious thing ... The phone itself claims it's running 10.3.0.908 but the Link software shows two numbers -
    - Software Release 10.3.0.908
    - OS Version 10.3.0.1418
    Why the two numbers? It's a bit confusing to this IT guy.

I'm not the least bit discouraged, just curious about the issue. I'm a Blackberry newbie, so please forgive any dumb questions

Oh, and yes, as a long-time UNIX/Linux/Android user I'm rapidly falling in love with this phone. Good stuff!
    12-31-14 05:33 PM
    Yes they have two # software number and os number.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-31-14 06:11 PM