Do I need to change a setting on my priv in order to do this?
    01-15-16 11:56 AM
    Text messages can not send images or files.. MMS can. Contact your carrier to get information or for them to send the necessary info to your phone.

For SMS/MMS , PRIV is just like any other Android Lollipop devices

also keep in mind, MMS is an old thing used before "smart" phones and Email found its way to the mobile world.
    Most carriers has strict limits on size of MMS, which I believe is Max 300KB ...

A normal photo you take with your phone is 10 times that size or even more.. many MegaByte - and will not be able to send as MMS, unless you first get an app that can downsize it to something your carrier would accept.
    another issue with MMS is the connection between carriers. Usually it works inside same carrier, but sending to someone who use a different carrier, does not always work.

I suggest you forget all about MMS and use Email instead, or other social apps such as BBM to share photos
    01-15-16 01:01 PM
    not to mention costly. Carriers charge an arm and a leg for one single mms ...
    01-15-16 01:09 PM
    Also, MMS requires carrier data on a lot of carriers (if not all.) Depending on which carrier you have they may zero-rate this data (i.e. not count MMS against your data plan,) but they would still require you to get a data plan, in which case, you could get the cheapest one.

You would also need to make sure your phone has your carrier's MMS settings programmed in--especially if your carrier is one not selling the Priv, or BYOD-unfriendly in general.
    01-15-16 01:57 PM