My Playbook battery drained completely, however I bought a magnetic charger and this charges it, I get the big battery symbol with the lightning icon, after 30 mins or so pb boots up to desktop. Then problem begins. On desktop the clock works, albeit wrong date and time and the speaker volume buttons work, but none of the touch screen functions.
    The battery icon shows red empty with no lightning icon as if it has stopped charging. I have tried changing to usb rapid charger or mains usb but cannot get lightning icon. If I switch off this drains battery back to where i need to charge before booting up. Also pc will not recognise pb at this stage. Can anyone please help.

many thanks
    pam
    02-12-15 03:13 AM
    Hello and welcome to CB. Your USB port may be bad. Leave it on the magnetic charger for at least 3 hours before trying to use it.
    02-12-15 06:00 AM
    no luck i'm afraid.
    As I said no lightning bolt nor does pb feel warm, no sign of any charging taking place. When i connect magnetic charger i immediately get big red battery icon with lightning bolt and the pulsating green/yellow light after 30 mins or so pb goes thru boot up process to desktop but stops charging thereafter.
    I seem to be past most of the other problems on the various threads here but dont know what else i can try.
    02-13-15 03:29 AM
    I don't understand why it's booting up when just connecting the charger. It shouldn't. Have you tried stack charging? Use a power strip and turn it on for 2 minutes, off for 2 minutes. Rinse and repeat several times and then just leave it on. Don't touch it.
    02-13-15 08:32 AM
    i dont follow why should it not boot up to desktop when connected to magnetic charger? If i power off and switch on again i get red led light followed by 5 flashing yellows. If i then connect magnetic charger it goes to big red battery with lightning icon and eventually willl boot to desktop, if i use usb rapid charger i get red led light and 5 yellows then nothing. I thought magnetic charger did away with need to stack charge, and anyway wouldn,t stack charging just take me at best to booting up and desktop ? why use a power strip rather than main socket ?.

thanks

pam
    02-13-15 09:38 AM
    Don't turn it on! Just let it charge. It'll never charge if Yu keep turning it on. Power strip is easier and less wear and keeps a good contact.
    02-13-15 11:50 PM
    still no improvement. Did as you say, powered off got message saying pb shutting down and made sure no background light. Connected magnetic charger get red light then pulsing greenish light as it charged, but again after 30 mins or so pb powered up to desktop and stopped charging!
    02-15-15 04:06 AM
    It powers up on it's own? If not leave it charge for at least 3 hours. You can always reinstall the OS but you'll lose anything on it.
    02-15-15 04:51 AM
    Yes. I tried a friend's pb at the same time. Hers needed to be switched on after charging to start the boot up process, but mine starts to boot up after 30 mins or so of charging even though it has been powered off.
    I have no problem reinstalling OS nothing on pb that cannot be replaced, but I can't do this until sufficient charge for touchscreen to work!
    02-15-15 09:33 AM
    Yes. I tried a friend's pb at the same time. Hers needed to be switched on after charging to start the boot up process, but mine starts to boot up after 30 mins or so of charging even though it has been powered off.
    I have no problem reinstalling OS nothing on pb that cannot be replaced, but I can't do this until sufficient charge for touchscreen to work!
    Might be difficult if your USB port doesn't work, but if it will. Turn the pb off, dark room, dark screen to make sure it is really off. Open DM and let it load. With the pb off plug it into the USB port, choose repair and or update.
    02-15-15 10:40 AM
    I don't follow what is DM ?
    02-16-15 03:38 AM
    Desktop manager.
    02-16-15 07:49 AM
    Sorry, I still dont follow you. how can I open desktop manager if pb is switched off. My usb port is working I purchased magnetic charger rather than trying to stack charge.

pam
    02-16-15 11:34 AM
    It's the software from blackberry that should be installed on your computer.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...247A852FAD3647
    02-16-15 11:39 AM
    Do you mean bb desktop software ?
    I have downloaded this to my pc. playbook is definately off and connected to pc via usb cable, but desktop software/pc does not detect any device. Troubleshooting connection states my computer doesn't detect my tablet. One of the possible reasons being tablet is nor charged.
    02-16-15 12:32 PM
    Uninstall it and reboot and reinstall it.
    02-16-15 01:35 PM
    hi after last attempt i was ready to give up, however I left PB connected to my computer usb overnight and switching comp on today it seems to recognise PB connected.
    Red led light came on PB initially with the 5 flashing lights, and I get Driver Software installation window box on computer saying
    'unidentified device installed',
    The software for this device has been successfully installed.
    Unidentified Device Searching preconfigured driver folders

However it seems to be stuck there, and neither My Computer or Bb desktop software show any device attached.
    02-17-15 07:42 AM