There's an update available for my Q5 but after the initial download I couldn't install the update as I was prompted to delete files and create space for just 411 MB update?! I had to delete facebook, twitter and other important apps to have 2.2 gig of space yet the update was interrupted. Please advise.
    10-31-15 11:07 PM
    I had a similar problem updating my Q5 due to the limited memory. First, don't try doing it over WiFi, do it with BlacBerry Link connected to a PC or Mac to reduce the amount of memory required. As I recall you need roughly three time the size of the update of free memory so 2.2 gigs should be fine with Link. Be patient, keep trying, and don't interrupt anything until you're sure it is finished.
    11-01-15 12:13 AM
    This is a common issue with the Q5 & Z3 since they both have 8GB storage. The best advice I can say is plug your device into the computer and using BlackBerry Link, perform a Factory Reset, then update to the latest OS from there.

Unfortunately when you download an OS and it fails to install, the device still holds all that data even though you can't use it.

When I wanted to update my Q5 to OS 10.3.2.2474 I did a factory reset and then updated since it told me I didn't have enough space.

The Factory reset should take no longer than 90 minutes. More around 60 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on OS 10.3.3.271
    11-01-15 04:29 AM