I have a PRIV and sometimes I use the on screen keyboard with the physical keyboard closed. When I push the ?123 key it shows me the special characters.

However, most of these special characters are in a different spot than on the physical keyboard and it's troublesome to try to remember where the parenthesis ( ) are or where the @ symbol is depending on which keyboard I'm using.

The virtual keyboard I'm using is English(US) Blackberry keyboard. Just wondering why they wouldn't make it match the physical keyboard layout when it comes to those special characters. Is this an oversight?
    05-23-17 04:00 PM
    I don't think so. I'd say it's because that's a more usual layout as far as virtual keyboards go. In 9 months I never even noticed they were different.

If you so desire, you can create a custom symbol layout, arrange it whichever way you like and set it as the first symbols page.
    05-24-17 12:52 AM
    > If you so desire, you can create a custom symbol layout, arrange it whichever way you like and set it as the first symbols page.

That sounds fantastic, do you have any more information about how I can do that?
    05-24-17 07:58 AM
    > If you so desire, you can create a custom symbol layout, arrange it whichever way you like and set it as the first symbols page.

That sounds fantastic, do you have any more information about how I can do that?
    While in a text field: long press physical 0 key >> gear symbol >> BlackBerry keyboard settings > advanced > symbol layout customization.

Under the touch keyboard section: check off "use a customized layout for symbol keys", and "use custom layout first".
    Then select "Customize layout" and follow the directions.
    05-24-17 08:09 AM
    Thank you! I was able to create a custom keyboard to mostly match the physical keyboard's special keys with a couple extra keys thrown in too. I'm not sure if customizing the keyboard like that is an Android or a BB thing but it's very cool. Cheers!
    05-24-17 11:06 AM
    Thank you! I was able to create a custom keyboard to mostly match the physical keyboard's special keys with a couple extra keys thrown in too. I'm not sure if customizing the keyboard like that is an Android or a BB thing but it's very cool. Cheers!
    It's a BB thing. And a great one at that.
    05-24-17 12:22 PM