My girlfriend has an iPhone and she texts me with emoji. Worked fine on my Android 4.1.2 (which I loved so much I left Android all together) but on my Z30 I just see a diamond with a question mark in it.

What do I need to do/get to enable emoji in BB10?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 05:04 PM
    Emojis were promised in the 10.2 update back in May, 2013, as per this site. I can't post a link yet, but the title of the article is:
    "BlackBerry 10.2 bringing standard unicode Emoji support, return of Level 1 notifications and more!"

So what happened?

Those BBM Stickers may be great when I'm in my second childhood, though I don't know if "Care Bears" and the "Disney Princess Collection" will fly even then.
    Emojis seem to be working as of the higher leaked builds of 10.3

Sounds like it's coming!!!!!! Please standby!
    My girlfriend has an iPhone and she texts me with emoji. Worked fine on my Android 4.1.2 (which I loved so much I left Android all together) but on my Z30 I just see a diamond with a question mark in it.

Posted via CB10
    Contact BlackBerry and tell them their Emoji support stinks. They don't seem to realize this.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    stephanopoulos29 likes this.
    08-10-14 05:06 PM
    BlackBerry needs to seriously incorporate all Emoji support into the next OS updates. Emojis are the standards now and very few BlackBerry smileys work on other platforms

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 06:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Until BlackBerry improves their Emoji support. Ask her to install BBM on her phone.
    08-11-14 03:18 PM
    I did ask her to install BBM on her iPhone and she said "but I don't have a BlackBerry." Yet my mother has BBM installed on her iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 08:11 PM
    In any case I will be happy paying $0.99 for an emoji app. I do not think emoji support is a feature that BlackBerry should waste their time with. Minor non-core things like this are better left to 3rd party developers.

Yet when the iPhone did not have native cut, copy, & paste Apple banned 3rd party apps that added that functionality. LOL

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 08:16 PM
    For emoji support to work with SMS it would have to be added to core OS functionality.
    09-09-14 08:40 AM
    For emoji support to work with SMS it would have to be added to core OS functionality.
    I just used the BB10 Browser to view an emoji test page and all the emoji worked, so it is in the OS on some level. As I previously wrote I don't think emoji SMS support is something BlackBerry should waste any significant time with. A third party app to add emoji support to SMS would be great. Either way not having emoji in my SMS is not going to cause me to lose any sleep.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:37 PM
    In any case I will be happy paying $0.99 for an emoji app. I do not think emoji support is a feature that BlackBerry should waste their time with. Minor non-core things like this are better left to 3rd party developers.

Yet when the iPhone did not have native cut, copy, & paste Apple banned 3rd party apps that added that functionality. LOL

Posted via CB10
    There's an app I can buy for the iphone and android emojis???

Q10 Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 06:30 PM
    I just used the BB10 Browser to view an emoji test page and all the emoji worked, so it is in the OS on some level. As I previously wrote I don't think emoji SMS support is something BlackBerry should waste any significant time with. A third party app to add emoji support to SMS would be great. Either way not having emoji in my SMS is not going to cause me to lose any sleep.

Posted via CB10
    Dude emojis is a HUGE part of texting and social networking now days, I even started using them a lot. This is the same mentality that royally ****ed BlackBerry in the first place. "Eh let's not spend a lot of time and effort into touchscreens people won't want that"

Q10 Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 06:32 PM
    Dude emojis is a HUGE part of texting and social networking now days, I even started using them a lot. This is the same mentality that royally ****ed BlackBerry in the first place. "Eh let's not spend a lot of time and effort into touchscreens people won't want that"

Q10 Posted via CB10
    You bring up a good point to remember.

And they had the same attitude with not supporting EAS like every other mobile OS did ahead of RIMM. There were TWO third party apps that added EAS support to RIMM devices for years. When everyone noticed they could connect off-the-shelf mobile devices like Palm WebOS/iPhone/Android to their Exchange without BES and BYOD and manage BYOD, (BYOD an acronym that you did not hear much of ), where was the differentiator? Actually RIMM fell behind and a big part was lack of vision. Hopefully, BBRY will try and be ahead of the curve this time around.
    DS1331 likes this.
    09-19-14 08:59 AM
    You could ask someone to send you the emoji on kik and then copy it and then paste it, that's what I do and it works fine with me

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:03 AM
    Emojis were promised in the 10.2 update back in May, 2013, as per this site. I can't post a link yet, but the title of the article is:
    "BlackBerry 10.2 bringing standard unicode Emoji support, return of Level 1 notifications and more!"

So what happened?

Those BBM Stickers may be great when I'm in my second childhood, though I don't know if "Care Bears" and the "Disney Princess Collection" will fly even then.
    DS1331 likes this.
    09-19-14 11:53 AM
    09-19-14 12:01 PM
    That's cool, hopefully it comes out soon. 10.3 looks great

Q10 Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 07:34 AM
    When you say working, do you mean as they do on android and ios? Or do we get embarrassing grey silhouettes that belong in the 90's

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 07:38 AM
    But but Care Bears are so cute...

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    CubeDweller likes this.
    09-20-14 08:02 AM
    Until BlackBerry improves their Emoji support. Ask her to install BBM on her phone.
    It's hard to get non BlackBerry users on BBM...
    I tried to ask them to install it and some of them flat out said NO.

The quicker BlackBerry 10 supports emoji the better.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    aloushka37 likes this.
    09-20-14 08:04 AM
    When you say working, do you mean as they do on android and ios? Or do we get embarrassing grey silhouettes that belong in the 90's

Posted via CB10
    Definitely the latter. :-/

This is my main complaint with BlackBerry, actually. I don't understand why an app like snap2chat can incorporate emojis into the keyboard but BlackBerry can't/won't do it themselves. I'm sure it's a simple-*** thing and it would make so many people happy, it's ridiculous.

Just found this in BBW: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/58904620

It's not keyboard-incorporated, unfortunately (I seriously don't understand how/why BlackBerry's dev team could add emojis to the fb messaging keyboard but they can't just add it to the normal one!!!) BUT it's a pretty viable alternative for the moment. Easier than going on the Web or into a saved Evernote page to copy and paste, at least...
    VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    Last edited by WWBlondieDo; 09-20-14 at 08:24 AM.
    09-20-14 08:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Embarrassing I like that word fits perfectly

Q10 Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 09:44 AM
    Definitely the latter. :-/

This is my main complaint with BlackBerry, actually. I don't understand why an app like snap2chat can incorporate emojis into the keyboard but BlackBerry can't/won't do it themselves. I'm sure it's a simple-*** thing and it would make so many people happy, it's ridiculous.

Just found this in BBW: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/58904620

It's not keyboard-incorporated, unfortunately (I seriously don't understand how/why BlackBerry's dev team could add emojis to the fb messaging keyboard but they can't just add it to the normal one!!!) BUT it's a pretty viable alternative for the moment. Easier than going on the Web or into a saved Evernote page to copy and paste, at least...
    VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    I wish I knew the reasoning for half the **** they do, most of it makes no sense.

Q10 Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 09:45 AM
    I can see emoji on my Z30 from people with iphone or androids but when I send an emoji to them they get stick figures. Kind of annoying.
    09-21-14 09:51 PM
    I counted 57 emojis in 10.3.0.1154. It's a start. iOS has something like 800 of them.
    But at least I can send something now.
    09-22-14 02:54 PM
    No I have them on my keyboard but for some reason when my wife received them from me it like the old stick figures. I get hers, like a happy face but mine come out plain. It's hard to explain.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 03:19 PM

So what happened?

Sounds like it's coming!!!!!! Please standby!
    09-22-14 03:51 PM
31 12