Hi All,

There is currently a delay of 10 - 15 min between the time an e-mail arrives in my inbox (Microsoft Outlook) and the time it reaches my Blackberry. This delay happens only for my work e-mail, which is a .edu account. I have no problems with my Gmail account.

I'm currently using a Blackberry Curve (on t-mobile) with OS 7.

Will upgrading to a BB with OS 10 take care of this?

Thanks for any insights. Our IT dept is useless.

Thanks,
    JG
    11-30-14 12:01 PM
    That's happening because it's not push email. If you have the email forwarded to your blackberry.net email address then it will be true push, otherwise it is just the standard imap polling delay. But forwarding is not the same as managing it on the box directly.

If your .edu allows an activesync connection to the server then use that in lieu of forwarding to the blackberry.net address.

BB10 is not going to be any different because it only supports activesync, imap and pop3.
    That's happening because it's not push email. If you have the email forwarded to your blackberry.net email address then it will be true push, otherwise it is just the standard imap polling delay. But forwarding is not the same as managing it on the box directly.

If your .edu allows an activesync connection to the server then use that in lieu of forwarding to the blackberry.net address.

BB10 is not going to be any different because it only supports activesync, imap and pop3.
    11-30-14 12:09 PM
    Thanks, Technarch!

If my .edu supports Microsoft Activesync, will there still be a delay if I use a BB with OS 10?

Thanks,
    Joe
    11-30-14 01:44 PM
    Thanks, Technarch!

If my .edu supports Microsoft Activesync, will there still be a delay if I use a BB with OS 10?

Thanks,
    Joe
    Is this a double post? Active Sync would most definitely work better on a BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 01:49 PM
    Thanks again. Sorry for the double post - I'm new to the forum, and I didn't realize that the Q&A option is actually just a forum.
    12-03-14 01:40 PM
    Thanks, Technarch!

Thanks,
    Joe
    I don't receive a delay but if your environment is set up like mine you will need to make sure your email administrator adds your IMEI to the exchange server on your account or you won't receive any emails at all. You should know immediately when you add that phone as you *should* get an email stating that as I do.
    Technarch likes this.
    12-03-14 02:10 PM