After working well for months, my TimmyMe App has gradually become unreliable. When I touch the icon the app opens and immediately disappears. After 6 to 10 tries it will remain open. Recently, when I went to pay, touching the "Pay Now" bar had no effect and I ended up having to pay by credit card. All other apps work normally. I thought of deleting the app and reloading. I guess if this deleted my balance I still have the physical card which should remain unaffected...

Z10 with most recent software version.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    12-05-14 03:50 PM
    Deleting the app doesn't delete your BAL, give it a go. Maybe a fresh install will clear it up.
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-05-14 04:49 PM
    Deleting the app doesn't delete your BAL, give it a go. Maybe a fresh install will clear it up.
    I think Bla1ze is bang on. I use the app all the time, when I saw your thread I assumed you were having other issues. After reading your post I'd have to agree with Bla1ze. I have occasionally had other issues with the app but I have pin pointed them down to errors by employees of Tim Hortons.

Tell us how it goes after you reinstall

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-05-14 05:02 PM
    Deleted and reloaded - seems to have solved the problem. At least now it stays open - next test will be using it to pay at Tim Hortons. Interesting that you can't reset the default home page through the "What's new" page (even though it gives you the option, it opens to the "Whats new" page even though I changed it to "Tim card"). However, if you change it through "Settings" (swipe down from top), it makes the change! It's a fun app to use. I'm glad it's back in good health! Thank you for your help
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-05-14 05:46 PM
    Deleted and reloaded - seems to have solved the problem. At least now it stays open - next test will be using it to pay at Tim Hortons. Interesting that you can't reset the default home page through the "What's new" page (even though it gives you the option, it opens to the "Whats new" page even though I changed it to "Tim card"). However, if you change it through "Settings" (swipe down from top), it makes the change! It's a fun app to use. I'm glad it's back in good health! Thank you for your help
    Ya, I'm not sure how long I've been using it now..almost a year and employees mouths still drop when I tap and pay!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-05-14 06:04 PM
    Ya, I'm not sure how long I've been using it now..almost a year and employees mouths still drop when I tap and pay!

I find most staff are used to it although most still reach for the bar scanner. I often wonder how many people in a given restaurant actually use the app - (I guess I could ask !!) In your case the reaction is probably to your Passport, not the tap to pay!

I hope Tim's adds a "rewards" function to the app - we deserve it.
    12-05-14 06:25 PM
    I find most staff are used to it although most still reach for the bar scanner. I often wonder how many people in a given restaurant actually use the app - (I guess I could ask !!) In your case the reaction is probably to your Passport, not the tap to pay!

I hope Tim's adds a "rewards" function to the app - we deserve it.
    Ya i get that reaction too. I'm in Burlington and a lot of the employees do reach for the scanner when I say Tim Card

12-05-14 06:35 PM
    Same here in Winnipeg....to this day they still drop jaws when I tap to pay. Annoys me that they go for the bar code scanner tho seeing as the tap was first.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed30. Find me on Twitter @jeffgerard
    12-05-14 06:45 PM
    Wendy's didn't take long to make changes . . .
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-05-14 06:49 PM
    Just a quick update: App worked fine this morning at Tim's.
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-06-14 11:35 AM
    Just tried the app this morning, it loads but when i pay with tap to pay - the Credit Card Machine Displays an error " Card Error, insert chip"
    anyone get this, i've been getting this error for a few weeks now.
    Tried to uninstall, do a hard reset and install again.. still no luck...
    anyone have a solution to this.
    12-13-14 08:46 AM
    Just tried the app this morning, it loads but when i pay with tap to pay - the Credit Card Machine Displays an error " Card Error, insert chip"
    anyone get this, i've been getting this error for a few weeks now.
    Tried to uninstall, do a hard reset and install again.. still no luck...
    anyone have a solution to this.
    You have to tell the employee you are paying with a tim card not a credit card.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 10:09 AM
    I did the associate that i'm using a Tim Card, and they do hit the Redeem key on the credit card terminal, and it still does not work.
    I was working until a few weeks ago and I've been using it at the same stores since Dec 2013 and now just a few weeks ago ive been haveing this issue where the payment terminal asks to enter the chip.
    in fact i just went to another Tim Horotns today for the second time and same result... i think it was the last update that messed up the app. any idea how i can get the previous version of the app for the Passport
    12-13-14 11:19 AM