Hi all,

I've just bought a new BlackBerry Q10 phone.

The problem I'm having is that when I connect my (genuine BlackBerry Q10) headphones, my device starts skipping songs (when listening music) or activates voice control. The effect is the same as if i held volume up or down keys (song skipping) or the key between mentioned (voice control).

At first I thought my (genuine BlackBerry Q10) soft case might be too tight but it does not change if the case is not present.

Here are some things I've also tried:
    - If I connect headphones and press the button on headphones, the music pauses which means that the button is responsive. Sound in the headphones is also as it should be.
    - If I connect different (genuine BlackBerry Q10) headphones, the problem remains.
    - If I restart my phone headphones staying plugged in, the problem appears to go away
    - If I unplug my headphones, restart my phone and plug the headphones back in, the problem remains.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be due to? Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Should I send my phone back and demand a new one?

Thank you very much for your help!
    01-01-15 11:41 AM
    It could be an issue with the headphone jack, as restarting the device with headphones in jack resets it.

Revolving the pin after connecting it sometimes fixes it (I have come across this issue on different jacks), but I am sure that's not an optimal solution.

 Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1154 
    01-01-15 01:19 PM