Have been trying to complete BES activation for the past two weeks. Received my BBPassport on Jan 2 and went by local at&t store for nano sim card. Life was good. I had several days to get familiar with device before trying to get my employer's IT to setup Enterprise activation. After everything was setup, tried to add work email and kept getting this msg: "Activation Error: Activation Error: Device activation cant be completed because a SCEP profile is invalid. For assistance, contact your administrator.

After 2 days of attempting to get device activation to complete the process, the IT group decided to attempt the activation of a Q10 that they had on hand (but not associated with my service through at&t. Using the same user id, password, and server address, they were able to activate the Q10 on the first attempt. So we turned our attention to at&t.

The first at&t rep had never heard of BES data plan but I kept asking question and finally got supervisor that looked into my service. After several hours, they finally admitted that the local store clerk had entered the wrong SOC when they activated the new device. That was on Jan 8. For the past 8 days I have wasted so much time trying to work with at&t or maybe I should describe it as getting transferred from customer service, to technical support, back to customer service, to att's blackberry technical support......... I probably don't need to go any further with that to explain my frustration.

Blackberry has confirmed that the device PIN does not have Enterprise license. BBRY even conferenced at&t to explain what needed to be set up on the account to function properly with the BES Enterprise license.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

On a positive note, I have had several friends see the Passport and have very positive reaction. They grabbed it off the desk or out of my hand and studied it with amazement.
    01-16-15 02:10 PM
    Did the IT person actually add the device to your BES account attached to your AD profile?
    zephyr613 likes this.
    01-16-15 02:26 PM
    Yes, If you are asking about IT at my employer. They set up the device to get activated on the Enterprise Server. The device goes through multiple steps in the process. The device is communicating with server. During the process, question asked if I am adding or replacing device. When I click "replace", ask me to confirm if the device to be replaced is the Q10 the IT dept used to test if everything was entered correctly on the server. The last process that is being shown shows "deleting prior work space." Then I see the error msg.
    01-16-15 02:56 PM
    I also get the same error message when I answer "Add" instead of "Replace."
    01-16-15 02:58 PM
    Sounds like a permission issue either on your AD account or on the BES imported account.

Does you employer use Microsoft Exchange for email? the AD container your account is in must have appropriate permission for the BES to communicate. This goes for your specific AD account as well.

You may want your IT dept to take a look at this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...2546089/page/2
    01-16-15 03:01 PM
    My employer is using BES 10.1.0.45 but the IT person I got on the phone didn't know if the server was Windows Exchange. They are going to reach out the Blackberry team for more on that question. My Passport is running OS 10.3.0.908
    01-16-15 05:24 PM
    My employer is using BES 10.1.0.45 but the IT person I got on the phone didn't know if the server was Windows Exchange. They are going to reach out the Blackberry team for more on that question. My Passport is running OS 10.3.0.908
    Most of the issues in the BB Tech Support KB articles reference BES 10.1. Did not see anything regarding newer versions. Hope they can you all sorted out quickly.
    01-16-15 06:08 PM
    BlackBerry 10 devices can be activated against BES on WiFi for that matter.

No special BES provisioning is needed.

The activation starts but fails with a invalid SCEP profile.

BES 10.1 is rather old. Did the IT department consider upgrade to 10.2.4?
    Do you have any other 10.3 devices activated against it?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 06:56 PM