I have been using a Nexus 6 and Moto X as my daily drivers and just recently got a BlackBerry Priv. However, I am facing severe heating issues with the device. While it is not my daily driver, I intend to use it on a regular basis. But the amount of heat the device is generating even on most light usage is making me ponder whether it would be wise to switch. I have used BlackBerry devices for years till Android came along. I have never faced a similar problem with my previous BlackBerrys. On my part, I have disabled all unused and resource hungry apps. But the issue persists and the heating happens even while the phone is idle.
    04-06-17 09:00 AM
    You are not the only person experiencing this as I am facing the same issue. I have come to the conclusion that it has something to do with Wifi and Marshmallow and that it is a glitch going on causing the Priv to overheat.
    04-06-17 09:50 AM
    I have been using a Nexus 6 and Moto X as my daily drivers and just recently got a BlackBerry Priv. However, I am facing severe heating issues with the device. While it is not my daily driver, I intend to use it on a regular basis. But the amount of heat the device is generating even on most light usage is making me ponder whether it would be wise to switch. I have used BlackBerry devices for years till Android came along. I have never faced a similar problem with my previous BlackBerrys. On my part, I have disabled all unused and resource hungry apps. But the issue persists and the heating happens even while the phone is idle.
    Just curious, have you updated the priv to marshmallow?

Try doing a 32 second re-boot, it's the equivalent of a battery pull.

So, hold down the power button and the volume down key for 32 seconds. Time it

Post back how you go. 😀
    04-06-17 02:46 PM