My network indicator always shows H+, no matter if I have data on or not. In other words: I can't see if I have turned it off or on. (My default is off, though.)

I got my Torch about 1 month ago, updated to the latest OS7 version. I seem to remember that the indicator wasn't always on, before the update. But I could be wrong about that. I tried several resets, but nothing works.

I am on a pay-as-you-go plan with H20 (which uses the AT&T network), without dedicated BB support, i.e. I cannot use the built-in-browser (but am using Opera very successfully) or BBM. All those workarounds work fine for me, I'm just getting annoyed at not being able to see at a glance if my data is on or off, as I hardly ever use it and it drains the battery so quickly, for not good reason. (Any phone that doesn't have a stand-by time of at least 1 week is useless to me.)

Thank you VERY MUCH in advance for any and all tips. I've read around a bit, but there doesn't seem to be anybody else with this problem. If I missed a section, I apologize in advance.

Please don't answer by telling me to get a different phone. I picked this "outdated" one on purpose, switching from a Nokia I can't use anymore since I moved from Canada to the USA.
    11-04-14 01:20 PM
    Hi Matt,
    I guess I had to sign up after all. (I'm the original poster/asker.) Why do you think this is "a dupe?" What does that mean?
    My issue is a real one. I could send a screenshot, if that helps. But that doesn't show more than what I already described.

Do you have anything helpful to offer?

Btw, that "newtork" typo in the header is not mine, neither is the wrong torch number. I clearly stated it's a 9810. I don't know who edits titles here. Initially my question posted twice, because I received an error message indicating that the first time around wasn't successful.
    11-05-14 01:45 PM
    Oh. I see. Not a native speaker, so I thought it was meant as in "duping somebody."
    11-05-14 04:20 PM
    I see. Thank you for taking the time to explain things, Matt.

I had hoped for a different outcome, but apparently I will just have to remember to turn off data when I'm done with it. You don't happen to know about an app that would be helpful in this regard, do you? Maybe even one with a shortcut to the data switch? (I know about creating shortcuts, but sadly it doesn't work in this instance.)
    11-05-14 04:23 PM