I have been using my passport for 2months now, however, from the beginning I have had issues with its battery life, the average battery life shown in device monitor hardly gets to a day, mostly I charge my phone every 12 hours. I`ve got the latest software 10.3.2.2836, I only use 2G and sometimes 3G. My lcd brightness is at 60%. The top three items shown as the things that have used battery are 1-System, 2-Display, 3-Standby.
    I really thought this phone could keep up a lot more.
    Please let me know if you may have any answer to my issue
    amingh92 and Matty like this.
    03-13-16 09:48 AM
    Why my blackberry passport battery life is so short ?!?!-img_20160313_180819.jpg
    I`ve got the same issue, help pls
    03-13-16 09:59 AM
    I have been using my passport for 2months now, however, from the beginning I have had issues with its battery life, the average battery life shown in device monitor hardly gets to a day, mostly I charge my phone every 12 hours. I`ve got the latest software 10.3.2.2836, I only use 2G and sometimes 3G. My lcd brightness is at 60%. The top three items shown as the things that have used battery are 1-System, 2-Display, 3-Standby.
    I really thought this phone could keep up a lot more.
    Please let me know if you may have any answer to my issue
    Hello, Welcome To Crackberry!

This is definitely unusual. The first thing we normally ask is,

1) Have you installed any Apps from places other than Blackberry World?

If you haven't, make sure that, NFC, Bluetooth and all other non eccentials connection are turned off. EG don't have WI-FI and Cellular connections active at the same time. This may reduce battery life.

Lastly, (if nothing above has helped) try doing a "Factory Reset". Sometimes the OS just doesn't for some reason just doesn't play well. You should be getting more than 1 day of battery life with your usage.

Hope this was helpful in some way.
    03-13-16 10:24 AM
    Big problem here is that you're using 2g and 3g only. Allow all bands and your battery should improve.
    Second, power off and back on the device. Should also help.
    Third, check under the cpu tab of your device monitor what apps are running in the background that you don't use and close them.
    03-13-16 11:20 AM
    Turn off location services, delete all android Appa then reboot

BlackBerry addicted
    03-13-16 12:42 PM
    The system has been using most of the CPU and Battery, I can't find any unusual activity for any other application, doesn't it look odd to you ?! I have tried to reset my phone.
    Big problem here is that you're using 2g and 3g only. Allow all bands and your battery should improve.
    Second, power off and back on the device. Should also help.
    Third, check under the cpu tab of your device monitor what apps are running in the background that you don't use and close them.
    03-13-16 01:52 PM
    Turn off location services, delete all android Appa then reboot

BlackBerry addicted

the only way to remove android apps is to do a hard reset, do you think that it would work ?!
    03-13-16 01:53 PM
    Hello, Welcome To Crackberry!

This is definitely unusual. The first thing we normally ask is,

1) Have you installed any Apps from places other than Blackberry World?

If you haven't, make sure that, NFC, Bluetooth and all other non eccentials connection are turned off. EG don't have WI-FI and Cellular connections active at the same time. This may reduce battery life.

Lastly, (if nothing above has helped) try doing a "Factory Reset". Sometimes the OS just doesn't for some reason just doesn't play well. You should be getting more than 1 day of battery life with your usage.

Hope this was helpful in some way.
    I have downloaded a lot of android apps, however, they are not shown in the device manager, and even if they do get shown there are only as little usages as 1% of the battery life. all of the connections are off too.
    I`m still waiting to find another way so that i wouldn't have to factory reset my phone.
    03-13-16 01:56 PM
    I have downloaded a lot of android apps, however, they are not shown in the device manager, and even if they do get shown there are only as little usages as 1% of the battery life. all of the connections are off too.
    I`m still waiting to find another way so that i wouldn't have to factory reset my phone.
    Unfortunately Android Apps are usually the culprit when battery life is bad. They check for updates constantly, and while it may only say 1% it might use more than that.

I've got no Android Apps installed and my Q5 and it lasts me the whole day and it's over 2 Years old

Maybe, try deleting a couple Android Apps that you don't use anymore and see if it helps.

Just keep in mind that the Passport should be giving you great battery life.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    03-13-16 02:15 PM
    Why my blackberry passport battery life is so short ?!?!-img_20160313_174058.png
    Under moderate to heavy usage, this is normal. This was me today. The browser was on some Javascript intensive websites which use a lot power.

If you're using your phone lightly and you don't get better than this, you have a problem.

android apps, even if they show 1%, will wake up your phone and that will cause the system or stand-by to be higher than expected. Like I said, go to the cpu tab in the device monitor and close all apps that you aren't using right now. It should help
    03-13-16 04:43 PM
    Try to reduce the android app usage. Keep your power saving is ON. When your device in rest put in beside mode and one more thing turn OFF the data service,wifi, NFC when not in use. Close the background running apps. That's all

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bathu; 03-14-16 at 01:29 PM.
    03-13-16 09:09 PM
    Definitely Passport battery lasts amazingly good..getting avg 30 hours..made sure app permissions no apps running in background or when minimized...plus all tips mentioned in the posts.
    03-14-16 02:18 AM
    Thanks guys, for all the helpful comments, I'm trying all the things mentioned, however, I think a hard reset is needed after all
    03-15-16 12:19 AM
    Would also add to have Task Manager app installed. Let's you kill and close Android apps that just open my themselves. Android OS consumes a lot of battery!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 08:47 AM
    I keep the battery saving option always ON my BlackBerry passport. It's affect the battery life?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 11:19 AM
    Hello, I have a same problem with my passport silver edition. I just got it last Saturday and found there is an issue with the battery. I found the night it drain over 20% even though I turn off all data, wifi and nfc etc. and turned on the flight mode. Today I fully charged this morning and barelly used it. When I came home at 5 pm, I found the battery is only 30% left. It is so weird. I just installed two android app and nothing else. I don't know whether it is the problem of device.
    03-28-16 06:46 PM
    I did a hard reset for my phone and it worked, now I have installed all the android apps back.
    I experienced using just 2G and phone calls and the passport lasted 3days for me without charging.
    06-22-16 01:10 PM