I only use my classic as a phone, i don't have any extra applications and don't use internet, battery only lasts half a day
    09-24-16 04:02 PM
    Sometimes I see the CPU usage on my Z30 go through the roof and my battery drains quickly. The anomaly survives reboots! However, I think it may be associated with one of the apps I'm running. I usually kill Android apps to fix the condition. This isn't your scenario.

Maybe your problem is that the cell signal is weak where you are? A test you can perform is to turn off mobile services and see how long the battery lasts. If it hardly drains, it's the cell signal. If it still drains fast, then check CPU Usage under Settings/Device Monitor.
    09-24-16 04:22 PM
    I only use my classic as a phone, i don't have any extra applications and don't use internet, battery only lasts half a day
    Does your classic have the same bands as required by your telco?

Go into Settings - about and scroll down to the bands shown, then compare with what bands your telco uses.

My classic is missing two bands used by Optus, but I still get 4 small g coverage. But, my battery life is just 1 day. For me that low battery life is ridiculously low.

So, my thinking is that the aerial file isn't the right one for me using 2888 software. I'll wait for the new OS update (whenever that may be) to see if there is an impact on my battery life.

From memory I did get a bit better battery life when I changed the settings to use 3G only (and not 4G).

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    09-24-16 04:34 PM
    Have you opened the BBVE app and check the Device Monitor to see if anything is running in the background that shouldn't?
    09-26-16 10:12 AM
    Have you opened the BBVE app and check the Device Monitor to see if anything is running in the background that shouldn't?
    The Device Monitor in BBVE launches the Settings/App Manager/Device Monitor and goes directly to CPU Usage.
    09-26-16 12:37 PM