Hi guys, my BlackBerry Priv is about 11months old. It has been maintained very well, no water contact and neither did it fall. It runs on android version 6.0.1. The model is STV100-4. So, I usually leave the phone to charge over night. As usual i left it for charge, two days ago when i saw my phone in the morning i saw the display having a lightening kind of effect, it was going crazy. Switched it on and i see the screen turned into blue, like one of the retro filters on instagram. I rebooted several times and turned off for a while, when the system is switching on, the usual black screen is pale blue color. I checked BB support page, performed hard reset without success. I contacted BB support on twitter, they gave me this procedure to follow from the support articleNumber=000038083. Ofcourse for a non tech guy it is sometimes a nightmare. But at this point i am trying to perform the second step of autoloader.zip., i am asked to choose the link based on where i purchased. I bought mine in France and the build number is AAL202, but this is not in the list. So, what do i do? Please help. Procedures 1&2 they suggest must be done on computer yeah?
    Hey but what is going on with my phone? can i retrieve it at all?
    Thanks for support. Sach
    05-24-17 04:06 AM
    Hello yes reloading OS have to follow exact instructions. Although your PRIV was updated to AA202 Re May patch now you have to select AAK689 which is the April security patch. Once installed after the May update Re AAL202 should come in automatically.
    Yes procedure should be on a PC.
    Good luck
    SachPriv likes this.
    05-24-17 04:22 AM
    Thank you very much, so during the whole process i don't have to connect my device to pc via usb key is it?
    05-24-17 04:31 AM
    Hello yes you must connect your PRIV via USB to PC. You must install USB drivers indicated. Then download your specific AAK689 auto zip file. Open the file on your PC and Follow the instructions according what is your OS.
    Good luck.
    SachPriv likes this.
    05-24-17 04:41 AM
    Thank you very much Rico4you, much appreciated. Will keep updated.
    05-24-17 04:51 AM
    Thank you.
    We are here to help.
    Please do comment on progress.
    Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    SachPriv likes this.
    05-24-17 05:03 AM
    Hi, I tried to perform the suggested actions to reload the software. So i connected my priv to my mac through USB, but doesn't show on my finder. I chose the option use usb for file transfers on my phone but no use, is it normal? how do i fix it?
    Also, when i dowloaded blackberry usb drivers on my mac, i installed it, it asks to restart the mac and does it automatically but doesn't show any icon of it anywhere. Is it something like that works in the background? i am lost with this procedure man, thanks for the help please.
    05-25-17 09:11 AM
    When i use the option 'photo transfer PTP', only iPhotos app opens on my mac but i can't transfer any files because the phone is not identified on finder...
    05-25-17 09:24 AM
    Hello unfortunately do not use a MAC. Although knowledge base article 38083 does have instructions for all OS's.

Please can someone who has reloaded OS on PRIV via MAC help OP?

Posted via CB10
    SachPriv likes this.
    05-25-17 10:55 AM
    My BB Priv display is flashing like a thunder lightening and suddenly got back to normal for 10 mins and back to malfunctioning screen... i am in the process of downloading the zip loader file which shows 10hrs to download. Damn!
    05-25-17 12:15 PM
    This sounds more like a hardware flaw, some electronic component must have failed.
    Your device should still be under warranty, try the autoloader, but otherwise I would just try to get it repaired under warranty. Bring it to the place you purchased it?
    SachPriv likes this.
    05-25-17 02:41 PM
    Hi guys, thanks for the support. I did the reload suggested by BB on article 000038083. I wiped and reloaded the whole software but its the same issue with the display I bought it through a mobile network provider company in France, but i paid the amount and have nothing to do with them as i am in India at the moment. Now, BB says i dint buy the device with them directly, so where do i go? thanks
    05-25-17 03:06 PM
    Hi guys, thanks for the support. I did the reload suggested by BB on article 000038083. I wiped and reloaded the whole software but its the same issue with the display I bought it through a mobile network provider company in France, but i paid the amount and have nothing to do with them as i am in India at the moment. Now, BB says i dint buy the device with them directly, so where do i go? thanks
    I would normally suggest you look for a replacement screen, but in the PRIV's case that just isn't a good option. Sorry but BlackBerry warranty is handled via the original authorized seller. You can always try to contact BlackBerry support and explain what has happened.
    05-25-17 03:26 PM